www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Things will Change

Either God is good all of the time, or He isn’t good at all!!        Sometimes, we can get tangled up in the gotta haves, that it is possible, to get lost in the moment.   Do you follow what that I am saying?  We can pray that the will of God be done in our lives, and still try to twist it into our will, and we can do that, in the most basic of things. Instead of cause more confusion, than I already have, let me get on with my story.


I am going to use this verse, from the book of Proverbs, because it is an excellent way to handle our half, of this relationship. Proverbs 3:6  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. I am getting better at acknowledging Jesus, in my daily situations. I have found it very helpful, to start with the small things. It seems like if we can include Jesus with our baby steps, then we it comes time to leap, jump, or run, it has become automatic. This verse is very true, because He will direct our way, to our benefit.

I know that I told you about my bicycle having bit the dust. I was going to Wal-Mart to buy me a new one. The reason that my bike has went kla-peewy is that, I am too fat to be riding that bike. The rim is breaking spokes under too much stress, and I decided to buy a bigger bike to eliminate that problem.
There was a bigger bike at Wal-Mart. It has twenty-nine inch wheels on it, and that is inches bigger than mine. I did my homework, as far as pricing the tires, and tubes when they need to be replaced. The price was the same as the twenty-six inch. I also read the reviews on the weight limit, and folks that weigh one hundred pound more than I do, said that there was no problem. 

I had been praying about doing that, because I really need the input of the Lord. My life is a lot better when He is leading me in the right direction, which I should be going. I never got a direct conformation, on what I should do, so I lolly-gagged around all week until yesterday. I decided that I was going out to the store, and see what was going on. I prayed my final prayer, asking Jesus to show me the right way to go.

After riding the city bus for an hour, I finally arrived at Wal-Mart. I live in the second largest city, as far as land mass goes.  Jacksonville used to be the largest city for a long time, and now that award goes to a city in Alaska. I found the bicycle section, and it was humongous!! I never realized that there were so many bikes for sale in the store. There was an entire isle dedicated to bicycles, and they were three layers deep.

I looked through all the bikes, and never found the one that I want to buy. I looked again to make sure that I had not over looked it. I went to price the bike locks, because I needed a more secure lock, for a new bicycle. I went back, and looked once again, simply to make sure that I hadn’t missed it. I noticed a sign that said free assembly on bicycles.

I was going to leave, and then I thought that maybe one was in the stockroom in the back of the store. I found somebody, and ask them. I got excited when then knew what I was talking about, size, color, and everything about the bike. The salesperson went into the back room to check, and she came back saying that they were out. 

I explained that I was riding the bus, and I needed to know, what store has them in stock. She went to her computer, and I went to see if they had the tires and tubes in stock. I didn’t find either, and she came back saying, that the only way to buy that bike was on-line. They had pulled that bike, and all the accessories, for that bike, from all Jacksonville stores. 

You might be wondering, what this has to do with God, and why He would care about me buying a bicycle to begin with. I believe that God cares about the things that we care about. 1Peter 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

I can see how that acknowledging Him, in all of my ways, and casting all my cares upon Him would intertwine. Besides that, if I had of run out, and just purchased that bike, without seeking the Lords will, I would have been in trouble. I couldn’t replace the tires, when the time came, without going to the bike shop, and spending mega-money. 

The bottom line in our world today, is that things can change, in a days’ notice. The Creator of all things knows when these things will change. If we will consult Him, about everything that we do. He is faithful and just to lead us, in the right way. What might be the right way for me might not necessarily, be the right way, for somebody else.     Ain’t God good?

      …..Much Love     

No comments:

Post a Comment