www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

All That I Believe..

How many of y’all, have heard the song, by HillSong called Free?  It is a great song that should get the hardest of Christians tapping their toes. In the chorus the lyrics goes like this.

“If I wings I would fly, because all that I need,…… you are.          And if the world caved in around me, to you,……. I would still hold on.   Cause you are all that I believe.       You are the one that created me.      Jesus,…… because of you,……….I’m free.

Wouldn’t that be a great testimony to have?     Because all that I need, you are, is not even the challenge to most Christians. Most of us have come to the belief, that Jesus is all that we need, and some more than others. What chokes the daylights out of most of us Christians, and notice that I included me, with the masses is the fact, that Jesus is not all, that we believe!!

That is sad.   Really sad, and I am speaking from experience. Even though, I ask Jesus to come into my heart, at the age of seven. It only took a short ten years to find me running hard, in a different direction. I was a young Christian, that found myself severely wounded, in my home church, in less than thirty minutes. The wound was so deeply injected, in my spirit, which it sent me running from God, for the next thirty years!!

During this time of my best effort to flee, and escape anything to do with God, I experienced a massive load, of different beliefs to believe in. The truth is that most of us might have not dealt, with the things, to the degree that I did, but most of us had our problems.

Have you ever had a cashier, at the store give you the change, from your purchase, but it was not accurate? If it was too little, we immediately brought it to the cashier’s attention.  Has it ever been too much change?   What did you do in that given moment?     I will tell you what my experience has been,….OK? 
 
This doesn’t happen often, but when it does, I immediately do one of two things. The right thing in every situation is acknowledge, that you was given too much change. Usually, the cashier will thank you for your honesty, and we both have a good feeling.

The other thing, that I do is immediately, go into battle, with Holy Spirit!! He is telling me to give the money back, because that is what the Lord commands. Always, without fail, there is a demon speaking to me, at the same time. I know that it is a demon, because I don’t qualify for a real visit from Satan.  The problem is that I am really short on funds, and somehow in my thinking, I feel that this will make it better.

I have got as far as the parking lot or even home, on a few occasions. The pressure that Holy Spirit puts on the children of God can be tremendous at times. However, I thank my Father God in Heaven, that Holy Spirit is here for me. I am a mess, and require a lot of help, in keeping Jesus, in my focus. 

I know that this is just one example of not believing Jesus, and there are many more. If we will consider our lives, we all have to make a decision to believe Jesus, and the Word of God, several times a day. We have many opportunities no to do the will of God in our lives. 

I live in the city. Actually, I live in a very large city, and I see homeless people, every time I step out my door. I know that we can’t give them all money every time, that we walk past them. There is one thing, that we can offer, that doesn’t cost us anything personally, and that is a smile. There are times that the homeless person will mistake your smile, for a chance to get cash, and they will ask. I have found a simple apology, followed by the statement of; I am sorry, but not today, usually works well. 

 Cause you are all that I believe.  
    
I believe that is a mighty statement to proclaim. I know that it is possible, but it takes a real effort, on the Christians behalf. I know that every Word, which our Lord spoke, in His Holy Word, is the true path, that we should take in our lives. It is the only way to ever find true serenity. It is the only way to find true contentment, and satisfaction. The most important thing is, that it is the only way to Jesus!! The truth is that if we don’t find Jesus, then we will never make it back, into the presence of Father. 

Into the presence, of Father is what all Christians should desire most of all!!  We really don’t care too much about our home in Heaven. Whether it is a mansion, or a shack, and the streets of gold should be nice, but that is not our main point of interest. At least, that is not mine, because I have a yearning in my heart to get back to my Creator!!  My honest desire to get back, to the One, which Created me, because He wanted to have fellowship and a relationship with me.

I feel like Neo, in the movie the Matrix. He is in a battle with Agent Smith at the end of the movie. Trinity asks Morpheus, “What the difference in Neo?” Morpheus replies, “He is starting to Believe!”
That is the way that I see my individual, form of Christianity. I am growing in my beliefs, and my knowledge, of the truth. I see the world in a different way than I even have before, and it’s all because I seek Jesus in my life.  
  
1Corinthians 2:12-13  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is from God; that we may know the things that are freely given to us by God. 13  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Spirit teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Ain’t God good?

        ….Much Love     

No comments:

Post a Comment