www.billofrights.org

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Ain’t nuttin’ better!!

I love my Lord. The truth is that I really want to see Him, and spend eternity with Jesus. I am saying this humbly as I know how, but I really don’t want to go right now. I know that is just my flesh speaking, and I use the excuse of the fact that I still have work to do. I know that works will not get me through the gates of Heaven. I think that we have already covered that issue. I am not working to have more crowns. The truth of this entire matter is, and I know this, but there is nothing that Jesus requires of me, to do for Him.

The reason that I think, that I still have work to do, is because of Jesus. Actually it is because of all three of the God heads. I have met them, and I know that there is no harm within them. I know that it breaks the heart of Jesus every time a person rejects His love. I know, and I realize that our entire existence is based on the creation, of a power of love so great that, we can’t even understand how that it exist.

I just don’t want any person to miss out, of the life that, Father has prepared for us. Why would a person such as I have a standing offer, to be the bride, at the greatest wedding in history? Have you even thought about that? We have a love letter written with sixty-six book, explaining to us in detail, how to receive this offer.

I have never done much good to talk about. I certainly never had done anything worth, getting a reward, in this physical life. However one day I realized that it was not all about me, and I could receive a future stacked with great things, which I did nothing to receive, but surrendered to Jesus. I guess maybe that I have taken the hard route, on this road to Salvation. I am pretty sure that I did. There is one verse in the Bible that I find to be scary to me.

Proverbs 21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

I have found this one small verse startling, to me for quite a while. If it was to say that most ways, of a man is right in his own eyes, I would feel better about it. In other words, I don’t want to be wrong as much, of the time. I have committed to take the Words, of our Bible literally, but my flesh doesn’t want to hear that. It always wants to treat the Word of God, like I am inside a Burger King Restaurant. I want to have it my way!! That is what the scary part, of this verse, is to me.

If you would take the time to look around, in all parts of your life, you can see the truth of this verse. Would you like a real easy spot to start looking in? Then just pay attention Sunday, in your church service!! Sunday school is an excellent place to start. All Sunday school classes have a teacher. How much does your teacher teach, and how much time do they spend maintaining control?

My flesh is an evil thing that wants to help Satan to lead me into Hell!! My flesh is no different than yours either. The only difference in the power of your flesh and that, of your Spirit is determined, by the way that we feed them. Once again I will use myself as an example, of the way that feed both of them. I can honestly say that I feed my Spirit, an estimated eighty percent ratio, and that only leaves twenty percent for my flesh.

I might be wrong by a little, but I really don’t think so, and I can tell you why. My flesh is being starved to the point, that it no longer over looks any chance to get feed. There is an upside to this also, because my Spirit is so healthy and powerful, that it keeps my flesh in check. Now you might not understand what I am saying here. Some of you will, and those that don’t, is why I write this blog. It is about all of us growing in Christ.

This did not happen very quickly, and it is still happening every day. I had to give up a lot of foolishness to get to this point in my life. I also had to give up a lot of things that, I didn’t think were foolishness, until they were gone. If there is anything, then again I know that there are a lot, in our lives that have to be given up, because we serve a Holy God!! Do you know what it is to be Holy? Neither do I, because I can’t wrap my mind around it, but we have Holy Spirit to help us.

Do you realize what it is to be in Christ? Do you ever do things that you wouldn’t do, if you realized that, He was there? Do you tell dirty jokes, or just slow down to hear them? Do you give back to the Lord on purpose, or is it simply pot luck? I am not condemning anybody, because either I am guilty, of all these things, or I surely have been. Can I please let you in on a little secret? There are no perfect Christians. We do have a perfect Jesus, and He has a perfect redemption plan, for a perfect future for those that put their trust in Him.

The reason that I started talking about; being in Christ was because that, is the only way to get to go to Heaven. I didn’t say anything about being perfect, or being better that Brother Super-Christian, or Sister Super-Saint. I believe that we all need to try our best to be our best, and not worry about what others think about us, and we cannot compare ourselves to others.

1Thessalonians 4:16-17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

I don’t want to flip anybody out, but this is way too good an offer to miss out on. Please just draw closer to Jesus, and He will draw near to you!!

James 4:8  Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. 

Get to know my Jesus, and you will not be disappointed!!     Ain’t Jesus Awesome?

      ….Much Love  

No comments:

Post a Comment