www.billofrights.org

Monday, August 25, 2014

Time is Almost Over

I never did deserve to be born. I don’t think that my parents really wanted me, because of their age. I was simply something that happened from neglect of taking responsibility, of their actions. Then after many years of suffering absolute defeat, of living in total disgrace, of failing to live up to the standard. Whose standard I wasn’t sure of, because it would keep changing.

I was adopted through accepting the death, burial, and resurrection in exchange, for my sinful life. I had become royalty, in one split second. What would you do if that had happened to you? The bad thing in my case was the fact that I didn’t know it, because I couldn’t tell the difference. Actually I don’t think that there were any differences, for several years.

I would have preachers tell me about, all of these things that came with the package, of accepting Jesus Christ. I would look at them, with my straightest face of understanding that, I could muster up, and walk off wondering which one of us were crazy. I realize that there are times that I write about the power, protection, and other great things that come with Jesus. It can get overwhelming, if we don’t realize how to access, all these things that we need to survive, this life in Christ.

Another issue that we face is the Spiritual aspect, of all these things. It seems almost like everything that we once knew, or thought that we knew has changed. There is a good reason why it feels that way, because it is true. Often times I say that Jesus changes everything, and that is because He does and we have to learn how to deal with it.

The way that I started to get a grasp, on the things of God, was after I came to Florida. I had never even heard the phrase of discipleship training, other than in the books of the Gospels, where Jesus was training His crew. There are several places, here in Florida who offer discipleship training, and that is the route that, I went to learn about Jesus. I have been through two different forms of discipleship training, and I am sure there are more than just these two.
 
One of these took us out of the world. Nothing but a farm off the beaten path. No television, radio, telephones, except a fifteen minute call to your family, on Friday nights. He only time we got to leave was to attend the mandatory church services. We learned a lot of scripture, and did a lot of Bible study. There was no reason for a person to fail to get to know our Father.

The other one was worldly. We had phones, televisions, and could leave the property for two hours a day and twelve-hour on the weekend. We had two hours of class work, and four hours of work. The rest of the day was to be spent doing whatever that we wanted to do, and most of it was trying to split off with the co-ed crowd. There was no reason to get to know anything, about our Lord.
 
At the first place I learned all the verses that I could in six months, and gave up all the bad habits. I wore no hair on my face, and kept all the rest of their very strict rules. I would do anything on command that they would desire for me to do. I was a class a model student, but I learned nothing to retain in my memory. At the other place is where I excelled, and this was why I did. I went in to it with a heart to know God, and wasn’t taking no for an answer!!

That is the secret to get to know our God. You must make some serious choices, and set your priorities, with the priorities with Jesus. Do you think that it was a serious event, for the Son of God to die, so that you might have life? We really don’t know what Jesus left in His home in Heaven, to come to the earth, and be treated like He was treated. Let me ask you a question. If you had given up that Jesus gave up to Save you, would you expect those that you Saved to be serious?

Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 
 
Do you think that is a serious verse?     What do you think is the alternate route?        Do you care, or do you think that you can simply avoid it, until something that you like better comes along?

I am not trying to be mean, or cruel to those that read this blog. What I am trying to do is shake you up, so that you can get serious about our relationship with God. I say our relationship, because mine need a tune-up also. I can’t point any fingers, at anybody, without three well deserved fingers pointing back at myself. The truth is that I am getting scared, because I see what is happening in the world, and how the Word is in line with it. I have no fear for myself, but there is an entire world, bound straight for Hell, and it makes no sense. 
 
Jesus paid the price, so that we wouldn’t have to go to Hell, and mankind is too arrogant rolling around with Satan’s deception. 
 
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I know that some of you don’t believe this verse out, of the Word of God. Take out the fourth word, and replace it with any other word that you choose. Now that we have done that, it’s time for a question. If there was somebody that created the heaven and the earth, in the beginning; would it make any sense that they were the owner, and could do whatever that the chose to do with it?

We need to get serious about our relationship with God, before it is too late for us!!

Jesus is our only hope!!

..Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment