www.billofrights.org

Monday, August 4, 2014

Get Err Done!!

Is there anything better to talk about than our Lord? I don’t really think that they are, because it just does something special to me. It makes me feel better, than I did before I started talking about Him. Don’t you generally feel better after attending a church service? I threw in the word generally, because not every church service has enough talk about God, to get your Spirit motivated.
 
You ever been to one of those? I was attending one of them, not very long ago. They had a kicking Sunday school class, because the Sunday school book was the Word of God. They were studying in the book of Revelation, line upon line, and precept upon precept. (Isaiah 28:13) That will get Holy Spirit motivated with a quickness!! There was a problem though. Every time I went into the worship service Holy Spirit got disappointed. The choirs sang most of the songs, and let us sing the deadest song, in the book.

Then after that the pastor of the church would pull up a stool. He might stand up, if he was going to read anything out of the Bible, if it was more, than three verses. I realize that the largest part of the congregation was good, with that style of worship. I could tell, because I would look around, and a lot of them would be nodding their heads, in agreement.

I was in a state of confusion, because I like a more lively worship. I worship a living God!! I like to hold my hands up in worship, while I am singing!! I like to give the man of God a good amen, when he is saying, the Words that God said!! I have an active worship, and I could not do it in that church, because I didn’t want to offend anybody. I did notice that a couple of the women, in the church would hold their hands up, in front of their bodies. If you weren’t turned around looking at them, you couldn’t see it. It was like they were trying to hide their praise. No,….that is not true, because as far as I could tell, they were trying to hide their praise.

Psalms 134:2 Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD. 
 
I believe that King David knew a thing, or two about giving the Lord praise!! Don’t you? This young man spent a lot of time, in a congregation of sheep, and praising the Lord. I know from personal experience that, the more time that you spend in worship, the more the Lord will reveal to you. David didn’t have as much Bible, as we have today, but the Word of God is still, the Word of God, and it is just as true.

James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. 
 
Isn’t that great? The Word of God is still the Word of God, before it was even written!! I guarantee this was the same action that David was taken, even before James had written it down. That might be why James wrote it down, because of David, but maybe God told both of them, the same thing, and probably did. David did write a great psalm of praise, in only five verses. I was to show this to you, because this is the way that I like to get my praise on!!

Psalms 100:1-5 A Psalm of praise. Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. 2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. 3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. 4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. 5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

There are so many that enter in to a church service, and sit on a pew, looking like an old worm out Bulldog, on its death bed. That look does fit a Bulldog well, but it doesn’t look good, on a child of God. We really have something to praise about, and we have a Jesus that, has paid our penalty, for our sin, and that was death!! I know that some days are rougher than others, especially as we get older. Some folks always look the doom and gloom role, and still claim to be a child of God. This makes me really wonder, if they have had a Salvation experience with Jesus.

Luke 6:43-44 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

This is just my opinion. You might not agree with me, and that is alright. I am not here to start an argument, or to cause an hard feelings. I want my opinion, to reflect the opinion of God, because I know that whatever God thinks is right. I might miss that mark, every now and them, but that just means that, I got out of agreement with God. Whenever I get out of agreement with God, it means that I have sin, in my life. There is a solution.

1John 2:1-2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

That is the best blessing that, we could ever hope for, and we have access to it. We are truly blessed people, and that is something to get active in our praise about!!             Ain’t Jesus Awesome?

..Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment