www.billofrights.org

Friday, December 14, 2012

Dazzled with insanity


This has been one of those extra un-ordinary days that has left me dazzled with insanity!! I hate days like these, but I guess they have to happen, at least every now and then. The problem with that is the fact that they seem to happen in my little world quite often.
I wish that i could use that word to describe the events in my life with any confidence.   Somehow "normal" doesn't really fit in my vocabulary.       I don't think what I perceive as being normal falls in the same range as most folks.    I know that my perception of anything that I think even might be normal is got to be whacked!!
I had a real trip on the bus today coming back from McDuff. I had been over there doing the end of my two day giveback deal. Tonight is the Annual Christmas party for the residents of the C.R.M. Now that bring on general chaotic madness to begin with all by itself.        Little lone throw two other planned events for lunch time today, and thing are sure to get very strange!!      It seems to me that they just love to add extra stress on certain people.        The reason that I say that is the fact that the staff comes out of hiding on these days, and lets their opinion be known about every issue!!        Poor Ernie!!!
Working in the kitchen is pure madness also. Everybody thinks that whatever that they are doing at the time is the most important thing going on!! I don't require much supervision, but for some reason today I had more than my share. All those little pea-on's working in the kitchen wanted to tweak my every effort. None of them knew that I had any cooking skills, or acted like I might possibly have any other skills either.         I did what I needed to do, and escaped with a quickness!!        A little too quick.......I forgot my hoodie, and today is one of these cold days in Florida.
I was never so happy to see the bus coming as I was today. Little did I know that it was going to be severely over-crowded. As I looked at the faces of the crowd stuffed in each others arms. I saw an empty place in the very back of the bus. As I got closer I noticed that there was enough room for me, and my two bags to be in comfort.             The reason that there was that much space never even donned on me. Wow!! They do say that happiness is bliss!
The shocking truth of the reality of why,.... squared me right between the eyes about the time that my buttocks found comfort in the seat.              I was sitting next to one of those folks!!          The kind that is not deemed harmful to themselves or others, but really not a joy to be around in a public setting. The kind that takes note of everything around them, and makes a comment, or ask a question about it.
Yeah,.....I almost forgot one important aspect of it. He was the kind also that doesn’t have a twitch involved with all this extra going on. He was one of those real special folks that have this violent type of head movement that gets worst the longer that it goes on!!        Kind of like he gets stuck, and can't get a grip on it.
Used to when I would be confronted with this kind of person I would make the comment, “Lord help me,” but I think that I have gotten better now a days. I actually see what a loss this man must suffer because of trying to fit in on what he thinks is a “normal” society. I would imagine that he is ostracized in every situation that he encounters on a daily basis. He must really live a lonely life, because of an affliction that he didn't ask for, and certainty has no control over.
Well,..........I reckon that the Lord has finally answered my little smart mouthed prayer. He did help me to the point that I can see that they are other people in this world. A lot of them has more severe issues than my little petty stuff that I make far too big a deal over.
Used to i would treat those less fortunate folks like they are a leper. However today is much different. I get the opportunity to show them a little compassion by saying a prayer for them. Instead of a smart mouthed prayer for me.                Ain't God Good!!

….........Much Love


No comments:

Post a Comment