www.billofrights.org

Friday, December 28, 2012

What's in your closet?


How many people really know who you are?     In other words how many folks have you let know the real you?       Did that raise your blood pressure a few degrees?     It used to raise mine quite a few numbers when I was having a hard time simply figuring out who I was!!
Let me say this first,.........All of us have things buried so deep in out closets that we would rather die that have them found out.       Most of us have been telling lies about certain situations that we have actually convinced ourselves that we are telling the truth.      More than likely we have got so good at certain lies that even the professionals couldn't detect that we are lying if their life depended on it!!
I hope everybody realizes that the only things that we tell other people about ourselves is exactly what we want them to know.          Now, if you offended by that, please allow me to say it in a little different,......... less offensive way.         All the folks that you will ever meet in your lifetime will only tell you what the want you to know about themselves.        Did that take a bit of the sting out of the truth?
Do you still think that you need a little proof that I am not just making this up?      If you can't get the proof by using yourself as the best example.       Then what you really need to do is draw three rings around your feet with colorful pieces of chalk.        Then start hoping up, and down wildly, screaming at the top of your lungs this little chant:     “De-nial isn't just a river in Egypt!!”        Do that until you pass out, or fall from the chalk circles from laughing so hard!!          Either way,.... I am through pickin' on you......Al least for now.
How many times have you and one of the people inside your life been talking with each other, and out of the blue,.......Either heard, or made this statement.         Do you remember way back then,......When I told you.......Blah, Blah, Blah.          Yeah,.....I remember that.          Well,.....It was not exactly true. The truth was.......Blah, Blah.Blah.       I really didn't mean to lie to you. I just didn't know you that well then.        Blah, Blah, Blah
More than likely the two of y'all tightened the already growing bond between you, and simply laughed it off together.      That's how we become real friends over time.       We have at least one goal in common that starts the attraction.        Then over time they become more, or less, and the relationship either blossoms, or doesn't do all that well.        Some of them just die, but that is still OK.           That is what makes us different.            Different strokes for different folks!!
I have come to find out for myself that nobody didn't really know me.             Why?             Because I didn't even know who the heck that I was!!                I had so much pain pressing down on the inside of me that I rarely told much of the truth.         I was ashamed of what I had become, and of the things that had happened in my life.          Not all of these things were my fault, but most of them were.           I take responsibility for my actions of the past today, and try to help others to not to have to live in the misery that I chose to exist inside.
I really am a project under-construction, and the Master Carpenter is Jesus Christ!!      He is Magnificent!!           I think if I would have been Him I would have just took me out, and said that I only made one mistake!!                I was,........ and still am a complete mess!!          He is slowly cleaning me up a little each day.             He is truly a God of Wonders!! 
I still have some crucial points to over come, but by golly they are slowly coming around.        I have heard that it is an inside job,..........And honestly I can see that now.      I just want to share a small thing, and then I will go for now.
I was scared to give anything up, because I thought that I need everything that I had to make me what I was.       Trust me,......I said a mouthful that time.        (1) The truth is that Jesus will not ask you to give up anything that you actually need. (2) He will not ask you to give up anything that He will not replace with something better. (3) Jesus will not take anything that you don't ask Him to take, and He will not play tug of war with it either!!

…..............Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment