www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

For this I am grateful.


This has been an excellent morning for me, because I allowed the Lord to do His work through me. Yep,.......That's right,...........I am excited,............And tickled beyond belief!!! The details are simple, and I am probably overly excited,...........But it is what it is what it is!! Wanna hear about it?

I was walking into one of the million Mickey D’s here, and this guy ask me if I wanted to put a quarter toward his coffee. I took off my backpack that I was wearing, and answered affirmative. While I was digging around for some change,..........The Spirit that I hear often said, “Ask him if he really wants coffee this morning?”

I quickly did what I was prompted to do, and the man replied yes. That little voice that only I could hear this morning quickly said, “Put your bag up, and tell him that you would be happy to buy him a whole cup.” You know that I did!!

The man lifted a burning cigarette. I knew what he was referring to, and I thought that I knew what he really meant by that gesture. I told him that I would be inside for a few minutes if he changed his mind. I figured that I would never hear from him again.

I walked in, and unloaded my computer. Mickey D's has free Wifi, and they don't seem to care if you buy something, or how long that you stay inside. I go to one in front of the hospital, and beside a high school, so you know that they are always busy!!

I always get set up, and signed in before I actually make my purchase. Yes,......I always purchase something from them!! I have seen the same ole folks in there every time that I am, and they never buy a thing. Actually,..........Some bring their own food from home!!

Anyway,.......I was getting set up, and looked up, and the guy from outside was standing in front of me without making a noise. I said to him, “Good,.....Are you ready? …........Let's go.” As I was standing in line, that all familiar voice went to talking, “ Buy him a sausage biscuit to go with his coffee.”

While I was putting in the order for two large coffee's, two sausage biscuits, and an extra cup for ice. Yes,......Lord,......Yes, I am one of those that drink their coffee.......Strong, Black, and cold!! Anyway,.....The man was standing far enough from me that he couldn't hear what I ordered. When the girl handed it to me she ask about creamer, and sugar. I called him forward, and told him that he needed to get what he was going to put in his coffee. I pulled my biscuit out of the bag, and handed his to him. He smiled a huge smile.

I walked back to my table with a big ole smile crossed my face. How about that? We were both wearing smiles. I couldn't tell you if the man spoke a word of gratitude. It was not about his reaction,......It was about mine!! I did everything that I was told to do,...............And for this I am grateful!!



…........Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment