www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hey Kim!!


Hey y'all!!      Today I would like to give a big shout out to a dear friend of mine....... Kim Walker-Smith!!      HEY KIM!!      Baby girl you rock!!         Kim sings in Jesus Culture. The band was formed in 1999, and they do some serious praise and worship.

I have known Kim for uh...........mmmm............OK,............I have not known of her very long, and I only know of her because of YouTube. I ran crossed some Jesus Culture videos, and simply fell in love with her Spirit. Kim seems to have this relationship with God that I desire to have myself.

Kim has an incredible voice when she sings. The more that I listen to her,...........The much more that I want to hear Kim sing.      Whoa,     Hold on now,        I am definitively not saying that I can sing!! If I could capture a song in a 55 gallon barrel, and seal it up, By the time I went to set it loose, it would have already escaped, and be at the foot of the mountains crying for the rocks to hide it from me!!!          Yeah,.........It's really that bad!!

Anyway,.......I want to expose you to an encounter that Kim had with God. I am going to post a video of her telling her story, and one of her singing, “The Revelation Song.” Which,...I simply adore her singing this song!!

Kim tells about how she needed to ask Jesus two questions. The first question is how much do You really love me? The second question was What were You thinking when You created me? She goes thought the battle of not wanting to ask, because she was afraid of the answer that she thought that she would receive.
 

There was a point in time that I would not have wanted to hear the answer to those questions myself!! It would have broke my heart if Jesus had told me what I felt like He would say. I knew that I had messed up really bad, and I always felt that I was a mistake. Most people don't have babies when they are 50, and 30!! All the factors that I could see point to the fact that I was an accident. Something that was not meant to be,.......But was.

Before I was even two years old,..............My worst fears were confirmed that I was right. I was something that was never supposed to be when my daddy left me behind squalling to go with him. He got in the truck while I was standing in the window crying my eyes out, and then....................Daddy reached in the glove box, and pulled out a pistol,.................And took aim on me!!

Actually,.........I was 18 months old, and just starting to walk. I was devastated!! I can't really tell you what happened after that encounter. I blacked out mentally. Most of my childhood memories I have blocked out, and I am not sure why.

It came to me many years later in the form of two questions. (1) How did I know at that age what that pistol could do to me? (2) What had I saw to confirm this fear? Yep,..........That's right,........I had a rough start to life. Most of my life I lived according to what I felt,......That I really was something that never should have been!! So I guess that you could see why I really didn't want to hear what Jesus had to say about me.

That was before I factored in all the elements that I never had even thought about factoring into the equation. There was the Grace factor, and the Mercy factor. Then was the Love factor, and the Forgiveness factor, and of course there was the Jesus factor, the Father factor, and let's not forget about Holy Spirit factor!!

Today I would be hard pressed to change my belief that I was a mistake to my parents. I still believe that with all my damaged heart. However,.......I am quite convinced that I wasn't a mistake in God eye's!!            He has a good reputation of not making mistakes!!

Please listen to Kim's testimony, and her song. It will do your heart good!!
 
 
 



….........Much Love




No comments:

Post a Comment