www.billofrights.org

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Let’s Fight!!


Today has been a really good day, although most of it didn’t actually go, to please me. You might would think that in fifty-one years of living that a man would soften up a little, on the things that he wants. That is the truth though, because I have softened up very little!! To soften up a little more is on my future list. There is so much to personally do, and so little time to do it all.

I know that the highest priority on my do list is the Lord. The second thing according to the Word of God is everyone else. Then if I have any time left at all, then I fall last. The strange thing about serving the Lord, in the way that He has outlined it is the fact, that He always slips a little me time, on my mission. I know have always thought that I am a wonderful multi-tasker, but I guess that I get it, from my Father.  

After what happened yesterday calls, for me to turn up the heat, on the only adversary that, we as Christians have to truly deal with.  After thinking about it a bit, I can see why he wants to take me out of the picture. I want to go about this in a smart way. I want to learn from the Master at putting Satan in his place, the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. There was one other great defender that, I think that we need to take a serious look at his actions.

1Peter 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 

Any person has spent a good deal of time, in the Word of God, knows there is a lot more of the events, of that day that are untold, than the ones that are told. That is probably the reason that, there is a curse placed on the Bible, for taking from, or adding to the Bible. I believe that know that one fact, should scream volumes, without adding anything, or taking away anything.

The Apostle Peter had plenty of run-ins with Satan. I believe the word that he speaks in this verse came from experience. The first thing is to be sober when dealing with the devil. I know from personal experience, that if I am intoxicated, under any sustenance, it can turn James into a foolish person with quickness!! I use myself as a prime example, for those who haven’t got that far yet.  

The second word vigilant is like saying be sober, very sober, because if you aren’t sober, there is no way to be vigilant. I have gone over this verse so many times in the past that, I am going to keep it at sober. If he catches you not sober, and if he wants to embarrass you, then he has got you.

Let’s more forward, to my surprise guest. This is Michael the Archangel. Out of all the created beings in Heaven, this is the bad boy warrior, of all the warriors, as far as I have known about. I know that this is simply a man thing, but Michael is the greatest warrior in Heaven, and my favorite, of the created ones. I often wonder what Michael’s position will be in Heaven, after we all get home. I know that he will still be there, but as far as my puny little mind goes, a bad boy warrior of God will no longer be needed.

Knowing Father the way I think that I know Him right now, Michael’s greatest work is yet to be seen. The story of Michael the Archangel, (Don’t you just love the way that sounds?) does not take up all that much space in the Word of God, but it is powerful!!

 Jude 1:9  Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Michael shows the true power of Satan in this verse, in the way that he handles this particular situation. I don’t have any doubts that Michael could have taken Satan out at any time, but that would have been against the Will of the Lord. Jesus still needs Satan around, for a short time.   Do you realize that Satan is probably the biggest soul winner that Jesus has working for Him?    At what point do most folks come to the saving knowledge, of Jesus Christ?  It is after Satan has beat them down, and Holy Spirit shows up, on the scene.

Ephesians 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 

This is the key to Satan’s domain here, on this earth. It is not your boss that is giving you all that trouble. It is not the thug down the street that is threatening you every time that he sees you. It is not any human being that is giving you all that stress. It is Satan, or one of his fallen angels that, has their sights set on you. More than likely it is one of the underlings, because Satan has countries to turn against the will of God.

This is the way that Satan attacks us. He uses other folks to stir our emotions, to the point that, we lash out against them, and this causes chaos in our calm world. We have to evaluate where, and what direction that the attacks are coming from, in our life. We don’t have the power by ourselves to even make a dent in the one that is attacking us.

That is why that God has giving us His armor, and we should place it on our bodies whether we leave the house or not. This is Spiritual Warfare, and our walls will not deflect a Spiritual attack!! We need to get to know our enemy, but even more that getting to know our enemy, and the way that he attacks; we need to know our only solution.

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 

Jesus Christ is the only hope that, we have in defeating Satan. What Satan is trying to stop us, from doing is getting back, to the Father. Once we accept Jesus, as our only solution, everything changes!! We get a Savior!!  We get a Father, and we get the most awesome guide there ever was; Holy Spirit!!

Revelation 12:11  And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

We Win!!    Ain’t Jesus Awesome?

        ….Much Love     

No comments:

Post a Comment