www.billofrights.org

Thursday, November 25, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

well,..........i've finally decided what i'm going to do today. i don't need anything fancy, so i decided that i would just stay home, and show gratitude for this house that i live in. it's really a cool house, Spirits and all. there is one problem though, most of the house has white tile floors, either white tile, or hard wood. the hard wood is not that hard to deal with, but the white tile is murder.
i've got a great friend named Lynn. yep,..........that's right,............that's her real name. i've know Lynn since the year 2000. i've always called her baby girl, and i always plan to call her that, until i draw my last breath.
i was cleaning these awful floors while ago, and it made me think of baby girl. i used to laugh, and make fun of her, because she has the same type of floors in her house. she was always cleaning the floors. she said that i simply didn't understand how dirty they get, and how quick. well,..........she was right!!  i didn't understand until i wound up with them myself. i had no idea how dirty that they could get with just me. baby girl has several different things working against her though. she loves her animals, and she has quite a few running in, and out of the house constantly, both dogs and cats. plus she has a husband that loves to hunt and fish, and is always out in the yard working on some project. to say that her house traffic is high, would be an understatement!!
it's just basically me here, and itty-kitty. she loves to go hunting all day, and brings me her catches. the state of Florida has no shortage of lizards, and she is a skilled hunter, so you can imagine the lizards that i sweep up, because she literally plays with them until they cease to live. she had a grass snake pinned down the other day, and bubba took it from her. she got so mad that she went and hid for the rest of the day!!
did i tell y'all that i saw screamer the other day? screamer was my jet black cat that i simply had to leave when i lost my home. i hated to do that, but i really didn't have a choice. i couldn't take him with me, because he would not have lasted a day in the downtown area. i was really hoping that baby girl would have taken him, and gave him a good home with her, but that never happened. she already has several of her own to take care of. i went by my old home, and this woman had moved into it with several kids. all the kids called him something different, and he would come to each one of them. the lady was telling me how gentle, and good that he was with her kids. i just smiled,..........knowing that he had a good home, with people that loved him the way that i always did.
i really miss baby girl. she just doesn't talk to me like she once did. i guess all the changes that I've went through this year has upset her. to tell the truth it has probably broken her heart. it can't be easy to see a man loose everything, and walk the streets a homeless man. she keeps saying that maybe i should go back to Bama, but this is my home now, and i plan to get this mess straightened out, and continue to live here. I'm too old to even think about a serious relocation move again.
i know that this is coming to an end soon. I'm just not as happy as i would like to be. i need to find me a job, and get back on my own. don't take me wrong,..........I'm very grateful for what bubba has done for me. i love this house, but i know that it's not mine. i need to have my own life with some consistency. actually, i need a lot of consistency. I'm a creature of habit. i get into my own groove and motivate that way.
spending time with bubba has been great for me. i think that I've helped him out as much as he has helped me. we do have a lot of history behind us, and I'm sure that we have a future ahead of us. bubba has some issues that he needs to work out on his own, and all i can do to help him is support his effort. somethings a man just has to do on his own. I'm in the same boat. I'm no better off than when i first came here. I'm just not on the streets. i can see that my world is fixing to come crashing down again. within two weeks i need to re-apply for my Shands card again, and I'm in all kinds of trouble. mainly with my I.D. it has to have the address that I'm living at on it. to get a new one will cost almost 32.00$, and some serious proof of residency. i don't see how I'm going to come up with all that with in two weeks. i guess that i need to pray seriously about this, because nothing short of God can make the difference that i need!!

today is another beautiful day. right now it's already 77 degrees. I'm sitting here wearing a shirt, and a pair of shorts. this is typical Florida weather. this weekend it supposed to get down in the 30's at night. oh boy!!..........i get to build a fire in the fireplace!! this is my first time ever having a fireplace in my home, and i really enjoy having one. the clean-up is quite messy, but it's well worth it. i just looked at temps crossed the country, and the only warm places are in the south. thank you Lord that I'm a southern boy!! it's even cold in California.

I've really not decided what I'm having for dinner tonight. i have my heart set on some fresh biscuits, and maybe some stove top stuffing. i have the gravy, and some cranberry sauce. i love that stuff!! I'll add some stuff to the gravy like onion, and eggs to make it better. maybe I'll eat that with a can of octopus. i never tried octopus until about a month ago, but it's really good. I've even cooked a whole one a couple weeks ago, and it also turned out well. i think that it's better out of the can though. i know darn well that it is cheaper that way. for some reason i don't care to eat much meat anymore. i don't know what has happened. i mostly just eat vegetables, and noodles of any style. i still love my cheeseburgers, and I've grown quite fond of hot dogs also. i know that it's not a money factor, because i get Obama bucks for that. i just don't desire that much meat any more. i still love my seafood though, but i need to get it fresh.
speaking of prices:   have y'all noticed a difference at the grocery store here lately?  I'm not sure what has happened at Winn-Dixie, but i can't even afford what they have on sale anymore. it would take a rich person to shop there anymore. they jack the prices almost double up, and say buy one get another one free.  what kind of sale is that? while Publix keeps their prices the same, and has the same sale. the only thing that's bad about that is there isn't a Publix in my neighborhood anymore. i used to live right down the street from one, and i could really save a lot of money shopping their sales.

i can't imagine doing anything other that what I'm doing right now today. I'm sitting here boring my readers to death, and listening to classic rock on the radio. i don't have a T.V., and really don't miss it that much. i can always watch something on the computer if i really want to bad enough. hey,...........y'all realize why they call it classic rock don't you?       simply,..........because I'm getting old!!  it was the music that i grew up listening to as a teenager, and early 20's. before long they will change it to the golden oldies!! by the time something else slides up into that spot, i will have checked out!!.............ain't that a thought?

did i tell y'all that i met the owners of the house that I'm staying in the other night?  maybe i should have said re-met them, because I've known them for several years. they used to frequent the store that i worked at. it was not the glorious reunion that i was hoping for it to be. they were quite upset with bubba. i won't even go into why, but i understood completely. the woman said that she didn't know if i could be trusted anymore. i ask her if i should leave then, and she said ,.......no. she said that she would be keeping an eye on me though. i was grateful for her answer, because i would have been back on the streets. that was an eye-opening experience to say the least.
speaking of the devil:  this guy just came up her, and said that he had made a deal on the shelves in the closets in this house with bubba. i told him that bubba wasn't here, and as far as i was concerned any deal that they made in the past has just been canceled!! he acted like i had bit him in the ass, but i didn't care less. this is my home for now, and if the owners don't want nothing sold in it, then i would be a fool to go against their wishes. bubba can do what he wants to, but i wont be a part of it. i will just sit here and play these silly games on this computer.

i guess that i've said enough for today. ................just remember,.............don't eat too much turkey today!!


                                                        ......................much love

No comments:

Post a Comment