www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Power of the Word

People just blow my mind, when I talk with them. We will be talking about the Word of God, and they will seem a far. It is like they don’t know, much about Jesus. Maybe they just don’t care, and if they don’t care, I wonder how they plan, on making it. It seems that my antenna is always up, when I hear the name of the Lord being used. Often times it is being used in vain, but still I hear it. Either way it goes I get excited. 
 
I believe if folks had a real relationship with Jesus that, they would get excited talking about God. It’s like the true believers can usually be found, in a worship service, on the edge of their seats. At least they will be paying close attention, to the man bringing the Word. People that love Jesus are different, from the common crowd. Our Father calls us peculiar. 

1Peter 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 

This entire verse is saying, how much that, we mean to God. We have been set aside, to be the Lord’s special priest, and Holy, to lead in His praises!! We have been called out of the darkness into His marvelous light. Jesus didn’t owe us anything. He sent Holy Spirit to show us the way, from out the darkness. He was sent to show us our sin, and the only solution, that would ever be available, to redeem us back to Father.

I can only speak for myself, but that makes me feel special. Most of the time when I either read, or just talk about the Bible, it makes me to feel special. Sometimes it will convict me of something, that I am doing wrong. Then it takes a few minutes to repent, and confess my sin, to get that good feeling working, on the inside, of me once again.

I have learned that lesson the hard way. I am not saying, that the Apostle John wrote the truth better than, any other writers, of the Bible. It does appear that, John stayed closer to Jesus, while He was on the earth. If Jesus wanted any alone time, He would have to slip off from John. I love to read the books that John wrote, besides the Gospel of John, and the book of Revelation. There is a lot of wisdom found in those books. 

1John 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 

John simply lays down the Gospel, of our Lord Jesus, in a way that, is straight forward. Although, most believers have no confusion, about the writings of John, there still remains those few, that can’t seem to understand.

I personally believe that, people have been the same people since creation. They are still as stubborn and hard headed, as they ever were. Jesus brought a message of love to us that, if we would follow the recipe to the tee that, it will not only change us, but change the world.    Just what is that recipe?

Mark 12:30-31  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31  And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

The commandment of love, and Jesus knew that this would change us, in the way that we needed to be changed. With this change, comes the capability, to love the unlovable.           Can you think, or do you know anything else that is capable of achieving this goal?  I honestly believe that, it constitutes being called a miracle. I don’t know about you, but it was a miracle, when I first recognized that, I was beginning to love myself, after coming to Jesus.

Can I share something else with you, about myself?   I never even understood just how bad that I actually was, until later in my life. The truth is that I still am seeing, where I not only fell short, but where I still am still falling short.  The love of God is truly the greatest love of all!!

John seemed to have a special way of spreading the Word about that love. He seemed to understand God’s love much better than most people do, and that does include me also. Over two-thousand years later, we still look, to the writings of John to understand, the love of God.   Have you ever thought about this?   We can walk in the presence of Holy Spirit, at all times. We can pray to the Father at all times. We can praise the name of our Savior, at all times. However without the Word of the living God for guidance, something greater is missing, from our life while we are here on the earth.   Ain’t God Great?

            ….Much Love       

No comments:

Post a Comment