www.billofrights.org

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Really Bad Language

I used to be a real hot head, and still sometimes, I can feel the heat welling up, on the inside of me. I live in a place that few Christians live, or if they do, they never pop their heads, outside the door. I hear the heathen’s fussing, and cussing, in the hall of my building. When I walk outside it is often the same. I know that I am here for now, to let my light shine, in an extremely dark place. I am grateful to be used by the Lord in anyway, that He sees fit. However, I would be lying if I didn’t say that, it gets weary.

Isaiah 6:5  Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

 I realize that, I refer back to this verse often, but I can relate to it so well. I see all this sin around me every day, and it does not tempt me. If anything I find it quite sickening, because it is all the things, that I used to do. I do have a problem with hanging round those that cuss relentlessly, because it comes back me so easily. A few minutes in that crowd, and before I realize it, I will be speaking the same as them.

Ain’t God good?     I am sure that doesn’t affect some of y’all, in the same way that it does me. There are things that will affect you, in ways that it doesn’t me either.  I am not going to say, that if there were no internet, that I would have no ministry, because I don’t know that for sure. I do know if I had to spend most of my time, talking face to face with people, even about Jesus, I think that I would be very uncomfortable.

I must admit that, I am not as shy and timid, as I used to be. It is hard to have a relationship, with my Creator, without being changed. Any changes that Holy Spirit has done, in my life has been, for the better. I can see how Holy Spirit worked in the disciple’s lives, after the day of Pentecost.

Acts 4:31  And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness. 

I am not comparing my life, to the lives of the disciples, because those fellers were on fire!! I think that every believer should be on fire for Jesus, in our own way. We are all different, and we all have a different mission, that we are to complete. The Lord never sends us out on the mission field, without equipping us to complete the mission. It does seem like it is, on the job training most of the time. I have never heard of the Lord throwing us into the deep end of the pool, while yelling for us to swim!! 

Jesus never mixed words while talking with the disciples. He held nothing back. There were no hidden agendas. Everything was laid out in front of them, so that they could make a rational judgment, based on the truth. Jesus told them things like to count the cost. No one is worthy if they look back once starting the mission. There is several different verses for requirements for discipleship in the Word. Please allow me to share a few with you.

Luke 14:26-28, 33  If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. 27  And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple. 28  For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? 33  So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

I will have to admit that I find humor in some places, which there is no “normal” humor to be found. The Word of God is no exception either. Stories like the speaking donkey in Numbers 22. Donkey starts talking to his master, and the master just starts speaking back like it is a common event. Love it!! the entire story in 1st Kings 18 where Elijah is dealing with the prophets of Baal, to me is hilarious. Especially the way that Elijah is taunting the prophets, and when the Father answers with fire, I almost lose it!!

I said all that to make way for something Jesus is saying to the disciples. I know that Jesus is nothing but serious business when He says this. However, I would love to had a visual of the faces of the disciples, or whatever reaction, that they might have had at the time. I am talking about the atta boy, morale speech, which Jesus is giving them, on their first mission trip. He is telling them the proper etiquette, and behavior to represent Jesus. immediately after the harvest is great verse, He drops a serious bomb on them with this;

Luke 10:3  Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.

I realize that those Words that were spoken, by our Savior are just as true today, as they were when, He spoke them back then. Anybody that has been called, into a life of discipleship, are as sheep, in the midst of wolves. You might be wondering why I keep talking about the issue of discipleship, especially since it don’t even apply to you. I would like to ask you one question, ok?     Are you sure that it doesn’t apply to you?    Ain’t God great?

                 ….Much Love  

No comments:

Post a Comment