www.billofrights.org

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Old Friend’s

 Ran crossed an old buddy that I haven’t seen, in a few years. I gave him the name of a cartoon character fifteen years ago, and it is still sticking!! That was back in the days, that I was trying to find peace, from my alcohol problem, in a program. He has continued with the program, and is still clean today. He questioned me about where I attend my meetings, because he could tell that I wasn’t drinking. 

I told him that I hadn’t been to a meeting in years, and I do my meetings, in a church service now. I could tell that he has heard that before, because people would come back into the room complaining, that church doesn’t work for them. I will admit that they are right. The church never did a thing, for my drinking problem either.  I never have found but one solution, for my drinking, drugging, sexual, or any other problems, that I have accumulated in my life, and that was a relationship with Jesus.

He did say that I was right about one thing, and that was the only solution was God. You ought to know me well enough by now to know, that is not what I said, but that is what he heard. He questioned my tactics to keep my sanity level, on an even keel, and started naming off a few things. 

I shared with him that I only have a computer, which I download my entertainment. I said that I have three super great Bible software programs, and I write this blog. When I finished speaking I could tell by the looks, that he was giving me, that he considered me to be a religious fruitcake, with no life. I have given folks that same look, because that is exactly how I felt. 

I wasn’t in the least bit offended, because my hope is secure in Jesus. I feel sorry for him, because the only relationship that he has with God, is only the thought of having, a relationship with God. I have set in those rooms enough to know, that if you never darken the doors to a church, then you never hear the truth about God. If you never hear the truth about God, then how are you going to enter into a relationship with Him?

 John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This is where the truth starts for most folks.   Do you remember the first time, that you heard that verse?  It made you feel a small spark of hope inside, that somebody could really care that much for you. That is how I felt, and hearing those words intrigued me so much, that I kept on listening, for something else that might inspire me. 

How many of us realize that the Word of God is inspiring?  There is great hope to be found in the Words, of the Living God. There is nowhere else, that we find the answers to the hard questions about life. Who are we?  Why am I here?   How did I get here?  What is my purpose in life, and many more?

The day that I really believed, is not the same day, that I got Saved. You might find that weird, but that is the way that I see it. When I started to believe, that the Word of God had all the solutions, that I would ever need to live a victorious life, it was the best day of my life!! I know that some of you, that read this blog can’t honestly say, that you believe every part, of the Bible. I haven’t always myself. However, it will come in time.

Romans 1:17  For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.  

I believe that our journey with God is a process, and all processes take some time. We have lessons to learn, and we don’t learn, in the same way as each other. Some of us are a quick learn, and others that have an extremely hard head, like I do take more time. Father’s plan and purpose, for each one of us is as different, as we differ individually.   We all start out in the same place, which is at the foot, of the cross. From that point forward, we spread out, and start our training for the mission, that lies ahead.

Ain’t that great?   Father has something for all His children to do. Once we belong to the family of God. We start working in the Family, owned and operated business, since the day of creation. That is another change that takes place in the believer. Our focus changes, and hopefully from our self-centeredness, to the truth of the Word. We have a new vision. A Godly vision to follow His directions, no matter what, because we are learning, to trust Him and believe, that it will be right. 

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

This verse is not saying, that we will like, or even enjoy the all things, but it is a promise, that Father knows better than we do. It is a promise, that in the end it will work to our benefit. There are times, that we can’t see any possibility in good coming, from the direction, that we are being lead. We simply need to remember, that God sees what is up ahead in our path. Sometimes when we are being slowed down, it is because Father is working a plan out, to clear our path. Sometimes Father is working out a plan to cause promotion, in our lives, and He is in the process of dealing, with all the people on the earth.

 Mark 9:23  Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Do you believe what this verse is saying?   Do you know what this verse is saying?  This verse is calling every one, of us to faith. We can’t believe, unless we have faith, that what we believe in is true.  You can buy a brand new car and give it to me, and until I can muster up the faith to believe, what you say is true, the car will set right where it parked. 

My old buddy still didn’t have a clue to what I am doing in my life. The last thing that he said to me was inviting me to attend a meeting. He said that it was his home group, and they met at ten o’clock, on Sunday mornings. He even said that he would buy me breakfast if I would attend. I just smiled at him, and thanked him saying how much I appreciate the offer. However, at that time on Sunday, I will be sitting in my Sunday school class.     Ain’t God Great?

             ….Much Love               

No comments:

Post a Comment