www.billofrights.org

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Shower Time?

How many of the Lord’s readers are ready, to take a trip? I am talking about going home to be with our Lord.     How many of you, spend a lot of time, thinking about it?      How many spend any time, thinking about our new home?                How many are skeptical, if we will have a new home?  Jesus said that we were, and that is good enough for me!!

John 14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

I don’t believe that I will need a mansion, even in Heaven. Although, I will not be rude enough to turn it down if offered. I know that Jesus will not be giving out things, that we have no use for, nor things, which can cause us, harm.

I often wonder, what my position will be, in the new home?   We will all have a job in Heaven.   Come on now!!    You didn’t think that, we were going on permanent vacation did you?   Our Father is a God of staying busy. Jesus cleared up that issue in the book of John while dealing with the Jews, that wanted to kill Him.

John 5:17  But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

If I can recall your memory back to the beginning of creation, I can once again prove that, we will have work to do. By now, all of the readers realize that, we were created to have a relationship with Father.   Right?   In the book of Genesis, the Lord created Adam in the second chapter, and the seventh verse. It didn’t take Him long to put Adam to work.

Genesis 2:15  And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

I don’t think there will be any heavy duty, back-breaking labor going on in Heaven, like the Israelites did, under the thumb of Pharaoh.   Can you imagine trying, to make bricks without straw?  I personally can’t imagine trying to make bricks, especially the way, that they went about it. That would be extreme hard labor, under the canopy of the Egyptian sun.  Can you say brutal?

It would be hard to even try to guess what the jobs in Heaven will be like. We will be living under different conditions, than we have ever experienced before. We will have glorified bodies, which suffer no pain, and that will be something, that I am not use to feeling. The older that I get, the more pains that I have to endure, and some mornings it sounds like the fourth of July, just getting out of the bed. Actually, we don’t have a clue what our new home holds.

 1Corithians 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

I am a little different at times, than some folks seem to be. I think about the offbeat issues, of my existence. I believe because I was born, under the sign of Pisces, that I have a natural attraction to water, of all sorts. I love all forms of water, right down to the mud-puddle. You might be thinking that I am an extremist, and I will be forced to agree.

One of my main concerns with Heaven is that, I don’t know if there will be showers there. I love a shower. I love everything about a shower. I love really high water pressure, and plenty of strands of water, hitting every part, of my body. I like to start with hot water to open up my pores, and after I have finished lathering up, and rinsing off, I like the cold water to finish. I love to spend all the time that I feel that I require cleaning my body.    Do you think that, I love a shower?

There is something about a shower, that can cause a resurrection of a dead body, after a hard day’s work. Maybe it is just the feeling, of a fresh start, which it can produce. I know little about this glorified body that I will receive. Will it sweat?    Will it be self-cleaning?    Can I watch it heal on the spot, as soon as I get a scratch?  What will this new body require?

Here is a different thought. Will our new bodies require a substance such as oxygen, that we will need to breathe in? I truly have more concerns, which I don’t think will be answered until I get this new body. More than likely, when I receive this new body, they will no longer be a concern. HMMMMMMMM………..      Ain’t God Great?

                …..Much Love   

No comments:

Post a Comment