www.billofrights.org

Thursday, May 1, 2014

But as it is Written

Hello to you, Children, of the Most High God!!  Doesn’t that phrase, have a sweet appeal to it?   Wouldn’t it be great, if all people could say that, and it be true?  Those that are not Children of God, simply don’t realize, what they are missing. It is a fact worthy of gathering praise, on its own level. I was riding my bike through the neighborhood yesterday, and got silly joyful, on just one thought.

I messed around and said that, I am the property, of the Creator of everything. I am the property, of the One, and only true God, who created everything. This mighty God, and Creator calls me son, and I call Him Father. I got to thinking about all the ramifications, of this relationship that I am in, and it can cripple my small finite mind, and I don’t know about it all.

1Corinthians 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Sometimes, I am not the sharpest stick, in the brush pile, because I apparently have not paid close attention to this verse. My mind started reeling over the things, that have been prepared, that are so special; that my wildest imagine can’t even conceive a thought, of the spender thereof.  You might join with me in admitting, that this is one of those overpowering verses, which simply commands our imaginations, to kick in high gear!!

The part that I have always been guilty of speed reading over, and giving no thought to, is the first five words. “But as it is written.” It was not until the other day that, I ran crossed this verse, and thought that it sounds like that verse.

Isaiah 64:4  For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

I was going to expound on this verse somewhat, and appear to be more intelligent that I actually am, but there was a problem. The theologians, who I read behind, really complicated the explanation of this verse, to the point, that I refuse to go there. If you’re anything like me, you are more interested in the truth, and don’t need a twenty-three page synopsis, on why it is the truth!!

I heard one of the modern day Theologian’s speaking on the radio, and he said that Theologian’s put things in a simple form, so that the common man could understand. He also said that, if they were speaking to other Theologian’s, that the language, that they would be using, the common man couldn’t understand what, they would be talking about.

Speaking as a common man, that they tone it down, so I can be capable of understanding; they might as well go full blown, because I rarely can follow completely. Often times, I wonder if God sees them in a different way, that He viewed the Pharisee’s?  I am not accusing anybody of anything, but I can’t help but wonder.

Getting back to my original thoughts.      How great it is to be associated with the true royal family!! I am not talking about those jokers crossed the pond, which think that they are of royalty. By what judgment do they judge what true royalty consist? I use the Word of the Living God as my tool to measure.

1Peter 2:9-10  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10  Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Do you understand that the things of God are all relational? That is why we are called, into a relationship with Father, through Jesus Christ. I know, and realize, that there a lot of great folks in the world, that call themselves believers, and Christians, but bear no fruit in the relationship department. I know that it is so easy to drift, because of all the distractions, in the world today.

Do you know where I sit at, in a worship service at church?  I sit close to the front between the third, and sixth row. There is a reason that I do this. I am prone to get distracted, by the least things. Unfortunately, I don’t miss much, from pretty young women, and older ones also getting up, to grandmother blowing her nose, and all madness between. This is what is going on in every church where folks congregate. All that it takes is the presence of human beings.

The world is a playground, which has not been approved, for a lot of Christian activity. It is filled with things that are formed with the Christian in mind, and not in a good way. At first we are intrigued with something, and the next thing to happen is that, our integrity has been compromised.  A compromised integrity is the first step to a severely wounded testimony. This is Satan at work to separate us from our Father.

We are still Father and son, but our fellowship suffers greatly. Then pile a truck load of guilt on top of us, and it becomes too much to bear on our own. We are faced with an issue called run. Either we run into the arms of Jesus confessing our sin, and begging for mercy, or we try to run away from God. Often times we make the wrong choice, and we know that it is not the right thing to do, before we take off.

Jesus is our answer, no matter the question. Jesus is our solution, no matter what the problem. Once we ask for forgiveness of our sins, our relationship began. Father loves us, and He is jealous over us.  Ain’t our relationship Awesome?   Ain’t God Awesome?

….Much Love   

No comments:

Post a Comment