www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

R. U. Ever Ashamed?

I usually don’t like to write on Sunday’s, because usually, I have a lot going on, in my Spirit. This is not an abnormal Sunday, but I feel the need to write something. The main thing, that I usually focus on is, how good God is, and our relationship to Him. I love writing along the lines, of this theme, because I believe there can’t be enough, written about it. As human beings, our focus is so limited, and the distractions around us are so great, that we need severe help.

Our Father realizes what kind of shape, which we were in as humans. He knew that if we were going to love Him, and serve Him, that it would be on purpose. Nobody has ever just lucked up, and started serving the Lord. We came with free will, and often that works against us. We have a serious problem, with not looking below the surface. The only decision, that we often make is, how gratified that, our flesh will be, or how good will it make us feel.

Father started back, in the book of Deuteronomy, with training us, in the way, which we could make the right decision for Him. 

Deuteronomy 11:18-22  Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes. 19  And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. 20  And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates: 21  That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth. 22  For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him; 

I know that most people will complain, that this is 2014, and nobody does these things anymore. You are telling a little truth in that statement, but some folks still do these things. The absence of those, that do this commandment of the Lord, is a large part responsible, of the shape, that our country is in right now. We have moved from the blessing of the Father, into the judgment, of the Father.

Now a days, if our children don’t receive the knowledge, of the Father at home, then they will not get it elsewhere. In America, we don’t teach the reasons, for having moral ethics in school. God says, has been replaced with, it is the right thing to do. There is no mention of God, or the Bible, and certainly no mention of Jesus, and the blood. We have become offended, at these things, that are the basis of Christianity.

You might be thinking, that to do these things is radical. Once again, I would say that, you are once again, speaking half-truths. Just considering doing these things, would be radical, but to actually do them, would be very radical.      Are you confused?          Don’t you know that, our God is a radical God?  If we are going to love, and serve our God, then we need to let go, of some things. We need to place all of our attention on Jesus, and not on the things around us.  We must remember that Father is jealous over us, and He wants all of our attention!! I was going to post a scripture that states that God is jealous, but there are ten of them. That should be proof enough.

Verse twenty speaks about writing them, on the doorpost, and on the gates, of your house. I have seen several homes with signs of scriptures on the porch, all in the yard, on the fence, and in their garden. I used to laugh, at the madness of these things. These days I laugh, because of their joy that it brings me, while I am thinking that these folks are serious!!   They realize that our God is a radical God, and they are getting radical with Him!!    Amen!!

Those are the kind of people that Father is looking to find. Not necessarily being radical, but being obedient. The Lord wants people that He can work with, and want to be used by Him. As Christians that is the greatest privilege, that we will ever receive. A lot of us are scared of what, that He might want to do with us. I have often been scared myself, but I don’t understand why I would be, because the Lord blesses us greatly, when we are in His will. He surrounds us with His mercy and grace, and this is the greatest blessing, that He can give us. There is something so very special, about the love that, God extends toward us. I really can’t explain it in a sufficient way, because it is agape love. It is a God kind of love, that I am not capable of understanding the depths, with my finite mind. I often use the word Awesome, to describe the things of the Lord, and that is because, I don’t know a more powerful word!!

I do love writing this blog; however I know that I don’t do the Lord justice.   How can I?           My knowledge of the things of God, are limited to what is revealed to me mostly, by Holy Spirit. I must admit that, there is not a finer teacher to be found, in the most prestigious colleges, in the land!!  Don’t you simply love Holy Spirit?          I talk to Him all the time and, some folks look at me like I am crazy, but I don’t care.  He is my friend, and my teacher, my guide, and my God; I am not ashamed to fellowship with Him either!!

Luke 9:26  For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Are you ever ashamed of Jesus?     Ain’t God Great?

         ….Much Love   

No comments:

Post a Comment