www.billofrights.org

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Who is God?

There is a question that I wonder about often, because I really don’t know. That question is a simple question. Who is God? I am being serious here, because I have heard about God, for all my life. We have the Word of God that, reveals Him on several different levels. We have a world full of preachers that keep telling us who God is, and what that He expects from us. Let’s not forget all these writers of the blog, explaining their God to us, and that includes me.

I will promise you that, the God that I write about is, the God that I know about. Whatever amount of God that is, that I know about, I am sure that it is lacking. I am not sure about this, but I believe that our God is so big and versatile, that we learn about Him in small increments. I don’t think that there are many scripture references that I can show you right now, but I will try.

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

I am not talking about receiving our Salvation, and spending eternity, with Father God. This is only accomplished through the Son Jesus Christ. Wouldn’t working out our own Salvation, include getting to know our God, and learning what it take to please Him? Don’t you think if we are going to spend eternity with our God that, we should get to know Him, and who He really is?

It might just be me, but there has to be a lot more to the God that I serve. We all are aware of all the rules, and the laws that, we must live by. Let me be the first to say that I have never been a fan of rules, and laws little lone commandments!! There is more to this God, because He is making me fall, head over heels, in love with Him more ever day!! How can that be? Do you feel the same way?

I think for me to fall in love with any being there has to be a strong attraction. This attraction runs right past the heart, and takes up residence in my Soul. I know that I love Him, and totally trust Him with my life, but there is still something missing. I am not naturally attracted to most of the things that Jesus represents in my life but,……………. I can’t even explain what it is that I am trying to say.
Who is this God that I dearly love? Deep down in my heart I know that I am a stickler for rules. I need a way to live other that by my own means. I know that that is not my attraction though. Maybe it the fun side of God, which attracts me, however I am lost, at a desperation of cause trying to figure out, what I just said. I know that my Lord has a side of humor about Him, but I really can’t fit in to that right now.

Who is the God that I love and desire to spend eternity with? Can it be the awesome power that attracts me? I never had an idea what power was before I saw God produce a thunder storm. Just to feel the power of the rumble of thunder, that see the lightning split open the sky, and hear the power contained in the crack. I love to see the Lord showing off His power, in the midst, of a storm where, nobody gets hurt.

I know that God has a fun side about Him, because of the lifestyle in which He lives at times. He attends festivals, feast, and other social gatherings. You might think that the people cared about Him, because of the miracles that He performed. There is a little truth in that, but I really don't think that miracles would have outweighed Him if He had been a jerk. Does that make any sense to you? Jesus was a really nice person to be around. He would listen to the conversations, of those talking with Him.

How many of us know, the importance of somebody listening to us, while we are speaking? I personally am not the one that talks a lot, but when I do have something to say, I want those that I am talking with to listen. The most important item that says, that Jesus has a fun side is the fact that, He loves the children. I get tired of dealing with them quickly. I don't get violent like so many people that I do. The grocery store seems to be the number one war zone between the adults, and their children.
Do you know God well enough to even guess what you will do together? I really like to sing, and shout, and give praises to my Lord. I do, and can grow weary, of all this praise here on the earth. 

Please don't take me wrong, because I can go a few hours when Holy Spirit is leading.
I was simply wondering how much that any of us really know about our Lord? I don't think that He has given us much to go by, for a reason. Once that we into Heaven, and everything has changed, and there is no sin temptation to ever challenge us again. Don't you believe that the Lord will reveal a different, more deeper, understanding of His mercy and goodness.

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with our God right now, nor does He need any improvement in any way.           Here is my theory.

1Corinthians 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 

If God is holding much more back than he is revealing, for us, would it make perfect sense that, He is holding a part of Himself back also?

How well do any of us know God?   Ain’t God Great?
     …..Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment