www.billofrights.org

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Grab Ahold of This….

It seems that I never read a passage, in God’s Word, where I don’t get excited anymore. Sometimes the words leap off the pages at me, and other times, they come to life before my eyes. It never used to be that way. I will assume that it is simply another added blessing, from Holy Spirit.

I am going to share with you, a shameful event, from my past life. I never gave Holy Spirit the time of day. I simply could not relate to Him, in the manner, that I should have. I believe in Him, and I knew that He was there. In my prayer often times I would apologize to Him, for not saying anything to Him. I know that this sounds crazy, but there might be somebody out there reading this, that has the same issue.

If you do, then I am going to tell you what I did, before I move on. I had to purposefully call on the name of Holy Spirit, in the same manner that I called on Father, and Jesus, in the beginning. I have come to realize, that nothing about being a Christian happens by accident. Every move that we make has to be on purpose, and for it to be on purpose it has to have meaning.

Now, if you just buzzed right past, that humongous truth, that I just stated, I will repeat it again. . “I have come to realize, that nothing about being a Christian happens by accident. Every move that we make has to be on purpose, and for it to be on purpose it has to have meaning.” If the readers can get ahold of that, then it will save a good bit of frustration. Even though, I said these words, the same effect will apply to me!!

In the book of Isaiah, there is a verse, which makes it possible for me to relate, to the Prophet Isaiah. Sometimes I use the commentaries, of the Theologians to make a point, and often times their “deeper meaning” gets in my way. In this verse, they are not all that far off my attraction. They take what he is saying figuratively, and I am talking it literally. 

Isaiah 6:5  Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

I would imagine the first time, which I laid my eyes on God, that I would have the same reaction, whether I could speak or not. Woe is me, because I am undone!! The part that makes me relate to Isaiah is the fact, that he has unclean lips, and he lives among people, of unclean lips. 

I personally live downtown, in the inner city, of a heathen nation, here in Jacksonville. Almost everywhere that I go, there are folks spouting derogatory words off, in a machine gun fashion. Although, my potty mouth has come a long way, I still can get right with them, if I am not paying attention.   (Remember purposeful)  I also live in one of the rougher neighborhoods in this city. It is not uncommon to hear people cussing each other, from the distance of a block apart.

I am not making any excuse, for my loose lips at times. I am a work still in progress. Jesus has really been good to me, and I have come a long way. That is another extra from having a relationship with Holy Spirit. I have grown very sensitive to His voice as He guides me into the truth, so I can be more like Jesus. I know that it is the will of Father, for all His children to be just like Jesus.

Romans 8:29  For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Have you come far enough, in your Christian walk, which you can get a good grasp on God’s plan, from start to finish?       What I am asking is, can you see how involved, that God is with making sure, that we don’t fail in our part, of this relationship?    Creator, Redeemer, and Guide, all in One!!    Ain’t God awesome?

         ….Much Love        

No comments:

Post a Comment