www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

It’s About The Journey

I feel the need to share, once again, one of my devotional readings, of the writing of, Charles Haddon Spurgeon. It is titled, “Remember the poor.” The scriptural reference is taken from the book of Galatians, chapter two, and verse ten. The first line is, “Why does God allow so many of His children to be poor?” Please read this, and then I will comment on what he is saying.

Why does God allow so many of his children to be poor? He could make them all rich if he pleased; he could lay bags of gold at their doors; he could send them a large annual income; or he could scatter round their houses abundance of provisions, as once he made the quails lie in heaps round the camp of Israel, and rained bread out of heaven to feed them. There is no necessity that they should be poor, except that he sees it to be best. “The cattle upon a thousand hills are his”—he could supply them; he could make the richest, the greatest, and the mightiest bring all their power and riches to the feet of his children, for the hearts of all men are in his control. But he does not choose to do so; he allows them to suffer want, he allows them to pine in penury and obscurity. Why is this? There are many reasons: one is, to give us, who are favoured with enough, an opportunity of showing our love to Jesus. We show our love to Christ when we sing of him and when we pray to him; but if there were no sons of need in the world we should lose the sweet privilege of evidencing our love, by ministering in alms-giving to his poorer brethren; he has ordained that thus we should prove that our love standeth not in word only, but in deed and in truth. If we truly love Christ, we shall care for those who are loved by him. Those who are dear to him will be dear to us. Let us then look upon it not as a duty but as a privilege to relieve the poor of the Lord’s flock—remembering the words of the Lord Jesus, “Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” Surely this assurance is sweet enough, and this motive strong enough to lead us to help others with a willing hand and a loving heart—recollecting that all we do for his people is graciously accepted by Christ as done to himself.

I really don’t consider myself to be poor. However, if you could see the amount of income, that I received last year, you would laugh me to scorn. Actually, if I were to dwell on that amount, if it were in somebody else’s life, I couldn’t understand. I would feel sorry for them, and offer them some of mine.

Are you serious?     Why?    How could you do that James?   Simply,…..because I believe.   That is not what we’re asking, because we believe in Jesus also. We also have received Salvation, by the sin sacrifice, that Jesus made for us.   My friends that are reading this right now, if this fits your position, then you have made the first step, which is vital to change your lives.

I said it was because I believe, and I left it at that. I never said what I believe, because it goes much deeper than Salvation. I believe the word of God, or at least some of it. I know that I just opened up a can of worms, for the religious crowd, but I would rather be honest with you. It is not that I don’t believe that any of the Word of God is not true, because I do believe that it is all true. I have just not walked out, all of the Word personally in my life, as of yet.    Does that make sense?


Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

This is what I believe!!  This verse I have walked out in my life to the point, which I don’t worry about any need in my life. If a need pops up, I simply thank Jesus, for supplying the need, in the way, that He chooses to make it happen, and when He wants to make it happen.

This is exactly what Spurgeon was speaking about. We show our love to God when we depend on Him for any of our needs, because we are totally dependent on Him. We need to fall into the category of total dependence on our Creator, because we all are. Every part of creation is totally dependent, on our Creator; even Satan himself can’t do anything, without God giving His permission.

We were created to have a relationship, and a fellowship with God. Before we can have a successful relationship we have to get our priorities straight. We have to realize who we are in relation to who God is. Our Creator doesn’t owe us anything at all. Not even our next breath, that we so often take for granted.   Let’s simply stop for a few seconds, and thank Jesus, for our next breath, and ask for forgiveness, for not realizing His goodness, in supplying our much needed oxygen.

Can you feel that?    That warm feeling, that you just have experienced is because Jesus is smiling on us. You never can make Jesus happy, and not feel, that feeling overtake your Spirit.    Amen?

This is where I am at today. I have just got here, and it tickles me to no end. If you’re not here yet, that is ok. Some of the readers might have been in this place for years. Our life in Christ is all about the relationship. The relationship is all about the journey, because the destination is guaranteed.

If the church, the true church of Jesus Christ, would ever accept whom we are in Jesus, and the power, that has been given to us, we would change the world.  Don’t you realize that is what Jesus was talking about, in the book of Matthew?  This is the last thing recorded in that book that Jesus said.

Matthew 28:18-20  And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Ain’t Our God Amazing?

     ….Much Love      

No comments:

Post a Comment