www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The choice is Ours

How free, do you really think that you are? I am not sure about the rest of the countries in the world, because there might be slaves still out there. I know that there are sweatshops in foreign countries putting together well-known name brand products, to be sold in other countries. I know that in other countries there are people taken against their will, and sold to do whatever their new master wants of them. Most of the time it involves prostitution, or the drug trade. Human trafficking has become a lucrative business to the already wealthy. 

I know that The United States has had a past of keeping folks in bondage. It was mainly the black people from Africa. They went over in their country, and brought them back over here to sell, and work on the plantations. We also have the same problem as other countries do with kidnapping, and using them to sell drugs, or in a prostitution ring. Yes Virginia,….the whole world has gone mad!!

I am here to tell you that I don’t agree with any of this madness. As a Christian, I believe that all human beings, should have the right to choose, where you stand. There has always been a form of slavery since very early man. Then Jesus came on the scene, and shed light on the entire situation. You know that Jesus seemed to rock the boat every time, that He said something, but He was correct. We have a Holy Creator, and Father expects us to use His Son, as the standard.

John 8:34  Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Before I go any further, I want to define the word servant, using the 1828 Webster’s dictionary. There seems to be some controversy concerning the meaning. I am sure that you can find it defined, in any way that you prefer. I want to define it like Jesus would have been talking about, and the Strong’s defines it, in the same manner.

SERV'ANT, [L. servans, from servo, to keep or hold; properly one that waits, that is, stops, holds, attends, or one that is bound.]
 3.In Scripture, a slave; a bondman; one purchased for money, and who was compelled to serve till the year of jubilee; also, one purchased for a term of years.

A strange fact is that Jesus was talking to the Jews about being free. John 8:32  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. The next thing that just popped out of their mouth was hilarious to me. John 8:33  They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

I want to let Albert Barnes tell you why I find this laughable, because he goes into deeper detail, than I ever realized. 
 Were never in bondage to any, man - This is a most remarkable declaration, and one evidently false. Their fathers had been slaves in Egypt; their nation had been enslaved in Babylon; it had repeatedly been subject to the Assyrians; it was enslaved by Herod the Great; and was, at the very time they spoke, groaning under the grievous and insupportable bondage of the Romans.

Did they not realize?           Was this a classic case of denial?  No my friends, this is just the common everyday garden variety, of the wiles of the Devil. Satan does have but one trick, and that is deception. He has been using the same old thing, to entrap the inhabitants of the earth, since the Garden of Eden. When you don’t have but one tool at your disposal, you have to get better at using it. Satan is the master of deception!!    Now, ain’t that something?     That is his, “claim to fame.”

Getting back to some worth talking about, and that is Jesus.  Ain’t Jesus Good?    How good is Jesus?   Do you think that He is worthy?    Do you know that He is?       The book of Revelation declares, that Jesus is worthy!!

Revelation 4:11  Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

I bet you thought that I have gotten so far off track, that I forgot where I am going with this. The truth is that I simply love to praise my Jesus, and I am getting ready for an eternity of praise!! However, I have not forgotten. The truth is that no human being is totally free. We belong to one, of two beings.  Either we belong to our Father God, or we belong to serving sin, and default to the Devil. The most wonderful part of all this is, that we get to choose the direction, which we want to go in. We have always had the right to make that choice.

Deuteronomy 30:19  I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Therefore choose life…..hum.     Could there be a deeper meaning to this Word of God?

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Oh yeah,…..Now I get it!!    Ain’t God Awesome?
       ….Much Love    

No comments:

Post a Comment