www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I Have Talked Myself Out…

I have got a growing interest in Billy Graham. His professional name is Doctor William Franklin Graham, but if you were to ask him, what is his name, he would say to you Billy. I really like Billy.
It’s not that he and I are from, the same part, of the United States, which is the south. It is not even the fact, that we are similar, in the way, that we speak. I think that I have a deeper accent; but it still does my heart good to hear him speak. (I still love to hear my dialect spoken.)

Actually, the way that he dresses, and the home that he lives in, has nothing to do, with my adoration toward Billy. The second greatest part, that I admire about Billy Graham is that he has taken the command of Jesus seriously. Go ye into all the world!! (Matthew 28:19-20) I know for a fact, that decision takes more strength than a man has inside himself alone. 

This brings me to the greatest reason, that I not only like Billy Graham, but I love Billy Graham. It is the fact, that I am more than, fond of anybody, that loves Jesus Christ.     Do you feel the same way?     I simply can’t help but feel this way toward folks, that have had a true encounter with Jesus. This is not true of all folks that claim to be Christians. 

There are those that preach on the television, which I will not even watch their program. There are the ones, on the radio, that when they come on the air, I just turn the radio off. I don’t believe that everybody that is preaching in today’s society is meant for me to hear. I can’t speak for anybody else. I just know that there must be a reason that most electronic devises have a power switch. (Power on, power off, power on, power off)

Discernment:  To see or understand the difference; to make distinction; as, to discern between good and evil, truth and falsehood. 

There is a verse in the Bible that talks about discernment. It is found in the section of Hebrews, where the writer is scolding those, who have not grown in Christ. He talks about them still drinking milk, and not being ready, for the strong meat of the Word. 

Hebrews 5:14  But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. 

Discernment comes in time as we mature in Christ. As we grow, and mature in the Word, our skills of discernment should grow ever sharper. Now, this maturity does not necessarily come with time, in which the body matures. However, it is based on the time, which we spend in the Word of God. 

I never have been one to openly admit, that I have any regrets, in my past life. I have simply figured, that it has taken everything, that I have done in my past, to get me to the point that I am at today. Although, there might be a lot of truth in saying that, there is one thing, which I could have done to make a drastic change in my life.

Some folks will say, that when I would have changed one thing, that it would simply cause another series of events to take place. I agree with that theory totally, because the only part, that I would have changed guarantees, that the rest will change. When I was seven years old, and went down to the front of that Baptist church to give my life over to Jesus. Once that I had come up from praying, I would have ask some serious questions.  
I didn’t have a clue what I had done, and I was totally clueless about what I was doing. I hadn’t counted the cost. I didn’t even know that there was a cost. I really don’t know if I knew anything at all. All I think that I knew was my life was so miserable, that I needed Jesus, for the comfort, and peace that He offered.                          Is there a wrong reason, to ask Jesus, to come into a person’s life?

I am sure if there is, then I probably had done it. I have told you before, that I don’t know actually when I had got Saved. I have prayed for Salvation many times, throughout my life. I am sure that Jesus honored that prayer from me, when I was seven years old. I am not even sure if I had reached the age of accountability as of yet.

There are a lot of questions about my Spiritual life, that I can’t answer today. I don’t know why I felt the need to pray for Salvation, so many times in my life. I don’t even know why, I had to go through, that weird episode in church, when I was seventeen. That service had me scared of Jesus, and I spent years running away from Him. I have spent the most of my life living worse, than a heathen. The only difference is that a heathen doesn’t know better, and I did!!

Ain’t God good?     Once again I have talked myself out of what I was saying, or trying to say.    Why would I want to change anything, about my life?   God has been amazingly good to me. He has allowed me the time, that it has taken, me to run away.  He has allowed me the time to try to kill myself, in various different ways. He has allowed me the time to find satisfaction in stuff other than Him. 

Most of all, Father has allowed me the time in which I need for repentance, and to build a relationship with the trinity. (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) Then He gave me the most satisfaction, which I can have on this earth. He gave me the readers of this blog, so that I could brag about the goodness of God!!     Ain’t He Awesome?

             ….Much Love            

No comments:

Post a Comment