www.billofrights.org

Friday, March 21, 2014

Jesus Didn’t Have Secrets!!

Do you ever get tired of those, that you like the way, that they preach, or teach, are being accused of heresy? We as human beings can, and will make mistakes, at any given moment. The really sad thing is there are folks out there spending a lot of time pointing bony fingers, and slandering good men of God. Actually, Jesus warned us about them, when He was saying this. 

John 17:14  I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

I am not talking about blatant heretics, who seem to be on a mission to spread hate, and discontent. Nor those that are trying to fill the pews, and thus filling the offering plates.  Paul wrote a little about those folks, which would rather gather together, and be fed lies.

2Timothy 4:3-4  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

These are the folks that you will find following such great profits, as Joel Osteen, and the first lady of religion, Oprah Winfrey. It don’t take but a small bit of discernment to see, that neither of these are God’s chosen!! There are those that I simply can’t listen to, because I can’t trust them. However, I am not to the point of calling them out, as speaking great words of heresy. If I can’t discern them, then Father will have to judge them.

Jesus was talking to His disciples privately on the Mount of Olives. Jesus was telling them about the last days, and the way, that it would be in those days. I for one believe, that we are in those days, and I am not going to speculate the amount of time that we have left, because no man knows that time. Not even Jesus knows that exact time.

 Mark 13:32  But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Do you find it unusual that Father would withhold information from Jesus?  Especially, something that we would believe to be vital information. I believe that I know why Father would not allow Jesus to know this answer. Jesus was on a mission of love, and you don’t withholf information to those that you love. Jesus told everything that He knew, so that we could believe in Him!!

John 15:15  Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Jesus didn’t have secrets!!    (Thank You Pastor Johnson)  Now, I need to get back to where I was at on the Mount of Olives, and Jesus teaching His disciples. Jesus made a statement that in the last days there would be false prophets with the capability of deceiving the very elect of God.

Matthew 24:24  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Who are the elect?    Are you one of the elect?    Have you been chosen by God to receive Salvation, by the sacrificial blood of the lamb?   Have you been set aside to do the work of Christ?  Has Holy Spirit taken up residence in the center of your being?

Now we are getting somewhere. I believe that is why that verse states, “ if it were possible.”  If we are living a life with Holy Spirit leading, and guiding our every move, then there would be an excellent chance of having a zero tolerance for deception. Unfortunately for me, I ashamedly must admit, that I still have a bit of a rebellious nature in me, and don’t always submit. 

I can see how sweet that it would be if I never had this affliction within me. Jesus paid the price which I could not pay for my sin debt. Father demanded the price of blood, and mine was tainted from birth. Holy Spirit has taken up residence on the inside of me, therefore sealing me unto the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30).

I often feel like the Apostle Paul when he said, “O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from this body of death?” (Romans 7:24) Then with the next verse the grace of God shines through, on our beloved Lord and Savior. Jesus Christ is the complete package!!

Romans 7:25  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Ain’t Jesus Awesome?

           ….Much Love          

No comments:

Post a Comment