www.billofrights.org

Friday, March 7, 2014

In the Morning

Have you ever considered the importance, of the morning time, to our Lord?   In the Bible, the word morning will be found 277 times, in 214 verses.  There is something special to me, about the really early mornings. Not that I see them that often. There is something special about walking outside, in the early mornings, and looking into the heavens. It possible to see the earth’s moon, in some form most mornings, along with various other planets, at certain times of the year. In the winter months the stars put on a magnificence display, which only our Father could arrange!!

Being children of Light, Father’s plan for us was never to be held, at an outside event, from our homes late at night. Father knew that most of the evil takes place in the darkness, because that is what it is. Jesus uses the word outer darkness, as a reference to Hell several times in the Word.

Matthew 25:30  And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I know that our God has us to do things for His service at any time of the day. Do you realize that whatever He calls us to do; He will equip us to do that thing? A great example of this can be found in the Sinai Desert. 

Exodus 13:21  And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

I have never been in the desert myself, but I would imagine, that a cloud over your head, in the heat of the day, would be a blessing. They say that the temperature drops low in the desert at night, so I guess that the fire probably served a dual purpose; heat and light.    Ain’t our God Awesome?

I am getting off track here, but I do that when I get excited. I will not apologize for my excitement, because the things, of the Lord, gets me in that way. I have a few verses that I want to share with you concerning mostly the morning time, and how powerful that time of day truly is. This might not turn out to make a lot of sense, but it will give you a lot to meditate over. 

Exodus 19:16  And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.

I really like to contrast this verse with the third day that Jesus was in the tomb. On that day the King of all Glory, came forth in silence, in complete power and control. He has conquered Hell, death, and the grave, and He did it all for us. When I saw this verse that was the first thought, that came from my Spirit. You might be tempted to say, that is just a little thing, and I would agree. However, the little things in the Kingdom of God can be, some of the most important things (Small Beginnings). 

I am really impressed with King David mainly because, in the book of Acts it states, that David was a man after God’s own heart. (Acts 13:22) I feel that is a noble act to be inspired to conquer.   Wouldn’t you like to be known by such a high quality?   Even with all the foolishness, and wrong doing that David suffered in his life, that one point screams volumes at me, from God’s Holy Word!!

Looking at the life of David, he knew a little something about praise, and giving honor, to the most High. Here are a couple verses that deal with the morning time. Psalms 5:3  My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.   Psalms 59:16  But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.

Here are also a couple verses pertaining to the day, and night time.  Can you see the confidence that David had in God?   My voice Thou shall hear!!  I will sing aloud, for Thou hast been my everything, and there is no reason that You should stop now!!  

Psalms 1:2  But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.   Psalms 42:8  Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.

David was right being confident in God. There wasn’t much written, in the Word of God in David’s lifetime. Maybe a few scrolls written by Moses. I am really not sure what he had, but I am aware, that it could not have been much.   He didn’t have access to The Holy Bible like we do today filled with all the knowledge, that we need.     Can you imagine the devastation, on the Christians life if the writing of Paul, had never came to be?   God is faithful!!

Hebrews 11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

I have one more verse to share with you, about the morning time. I find this to be one, of my most needful verses, because I rely on its truth daily.

Lamentations 3:22-23  It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.   Ain’t God Awesome?

               ….Much Love   

No comments:

Post a Comment