www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Chewing the Fat

I don’t think that, I will ever get over Jesus telling me to write, this blog. I am assuming that I went through the normal scenarios, of why I couldn’t do it. Those are two of the most dangerous words, that I ever try to fit into my vocabulary; assume, and normal. I really am not sure why other than, the fact that neither fit, into my life. What other folks call normal in their lives, I can’t relate to it in that manner. The only things, that are normal in my life today is the things, that I have control over, so you know that that is not much.

Have you ever seen the movie, “The field of dreams?” Kevin Costner was the actor that kept hearing a voice say; “If you build it, they will come.”  Well, Jesus told me that if I would write this blog, that they would read it. Naturally, I got really excited, because I realized that, I was going to be famous.  How many of you know that God has a sense of humor?

I think that I have given it a few months, and I hadn’t gathered a large crowd around me. Nobody had contacted me to do speaking engagements, or to set up for an interview. I decided to talk to Jesus, about what the real deal was, because I should have been more popular by now.

  (Jesus Me)
Jesus we need to talk about this blog issue. I, myself though that it was going well. What is wrong?  You said that I would get really popular if I would write this blog.  Didn’t I say that, if you write it, that they would read it?    Yes, but they are not reading it, because my numbers are down. James, My child, those that need to read this blog, are reading it.    Where did you get the idea that this would make you popular?   Do you really want to be popular, or had you rather make Me popular? 

It didn’t take long for me to confess, that the Lord’s popularity should rise above my own. Actually, I am very shy, and never have cared anything about speaking in public. I would not be good in an interview, because I simply speak my mind. Here lately that would be the mind of Christ. Just my luck, I would be talking about the love of Jesus, then a cuss word pop out.  Yeah, I am much better speaking behind this keyboard at home. 

I never have quite understood when, most Christians talk. It seems that one minute they were evil, and haven’t sinned, another sin since. Some of them will speak of having issues before they got Saved, but it is rare to hear, them speak of having issues, after Salvation.

I went through several years, of wondering why the Lord, wouldn’t Save me?  I have actually prayed for Salvation, for so many times, that I do know which time took hold. I will assume that it was the first time, at the age of seven.  But my conversion, didn’t come until much later in my life. I might be using a big word there to describe the time, that I knew that I had been Saved. 

One of the main reasons, that Jesus wanted me to write this blog is the fact, that I am a real man with real issues. My life has been one issue, after the other issue, and I survived it by the help of Jesus. There is no way, that the credit for my life can go elsewhere. I was always destruction in motion, until something changed a few years ago. 

 I continually write, as if Jesus is going to return tomorrow, however I actually don’t have a clue to when it will be. All I know are the signs are lining up, for His return. I would honestly feel that it won’t be for a few more years, and still I don’t know. I have come to the conclusion, by reading of the Word, that the Christians, which are here before that wonderful day, will have to suffer for their belief in Jesus.
Living in the American culture I believe that our entire culture has been desensitized to the Word of God. We don’t put enough emphasis, or urgency to what we read, and even less to what we hear preached. We have been preached to death, and few are concerned. It all about us, and what we want to accomplish today. We don’t have any time, for the Lord, in our daily walk, and those whom attend church on Sunday are a joke. Not because of low numbers with attendance, but high numbers in the lowest quality of church’s.

I have never known anything other, than the American way of life. It seems like I blinked one day, and everything has changed, for the worst. I know that it didn’t happen that quickly, but it has taken me by surprise. One day I was standing in “One nation under God,” and the next day I was standing, in a godless nation. Did I suddenly wake up, or does anybody else feel this way?

I believe that all Christians have their favorite men of God, preaching the Word. Most of us have more than one, like I do. When it comes to the preaching, on the rapture of the church, there are to different schools of thought. If you have noticed, that is one subject, which I dare not touch.  Why? Because my Bible does not give a clear enough understand, of the true time. Off the record, I will say that, I don’t believe personally, that we will be taken, out before the tribulation.

I really don’t know why we would, because Christians around the world are, and have, been people suffering, for their belief in Christ. Not that I know for sure, but to be taken away, before the tribulation sounds like an Americanized thinking process. Jesus talk’s way too much about suffering for His sake, to even consider being let off the hook. If Jesus died for us, shouldn’t we be willing, to give our life for Him?

I never have hoped to die a violent death mainly, because I am really a wimp, and don’t care to suffer pain. Can I get a bit dramatic?    Just think about this. We are in the midst of the tribulation, and you are standing in line, for your turn at the guillotine. The place you on your knees, which should be a position, that we have crown comfortable with, over the years.  They place you head in the stock, and secure it.   What is next?

The next thing that you know is, there is the noise of many shouts, and as you look around, all of Heaven is cheering for you!! You are home, and in the front stand Jesus, holding out His arms, to welcome you home!! Now, I know that I have a very vivid imagination. However, I don’t think that I would mind losing my head, with this being the results. 

Hebrews 12:1-2  Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Thanks for allowing me to babble, a bit today!!  Ain’t God Awesome?

               ….Much Love 

No comments:

Post a Comment