www.billofrights.org

Monday, April 7, 2014

Tuff Enuff R U 2

I want to continue on with tuff enuff r u. There are a lot more to the cost, of the following our Lord, with the process of discipleship. It is not a one-time decision, and then you reap, all these different rewards. I truly believe, that the rewards that we do gain, because of our decision to continue on into discipleship, will only appeal to those that have made that decision.  Then again, I think that I said that wrong, because I used to have them, on my Spiritual wish list. 

Do you know what I am talking about?   Please allow me to elaborate in my case, because this might not fit into the religious bracket. My Spiritual wish list was comprised, of those qualities, which I saw in other Christians, that I did have a desire for. The only problem was I was either too lazy, or too selfish, or just simply too prideful to do the ground work myself, and let’s not forget about a great chance of ignorance. I used to pray asking, that I could be the same way that they were, and then give up when a couple weeks had passed, and I was no different except frustrated. I stayed frustrated a lot.

I need to tell you this. I have learned that as Christians, we are as different, as our D.N.A. is, in our relationship, to our God. Father made us all different, for a good reason. He has a different plan, for each one of us, which only we can do. We don’t get the same blessings as everybody else; the same as we don’t all receive the same talents and skills.

Psalms139:14  I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Another of the cost of discipleship is having, to make some relatively difficult choices. I realize that most homes in America have, at least one television set in them. Some homes have one in every room. I don’t have one simply because, I didn’t want all the foolishness, and negativity, that comes along with it. I also knew that would take a lot of time away, from my writing, and studying of the Word, and most important my time with Holy Spirit.

Contrary to what you may be thinking right now, I am not trying to get you to donate your television, to the Good Will, or any other charity. I am just telling you, what some of the prices, that I have paid, have been. You might be fine, with that entertainment corrupting, every mind in your house. Unless you have figured out how, to monitor the viewing of it, for twenty-four hours in the day, and that has to include the advertisements also. 

Another cost that a lot of people don’t realize is the fact, that some folks, that used to be your friends can’t understand you anymore. They will not understand, why you don’t laugh at their off colored jokes anymore. The fact that you will be thinking, of ways to get from around them, will also throw them off. This class of people is not subject just, to the sinners, in your life. Sadly, this does include a lot, of the Christians, in your life also.         We all have sinners in our lives, except for those that are too religious. (Pharisee’s) 
  
Hold on to Toto Dorothy, because you’re not in Kansas anymore!! Discipleship is a total different way of life, because it will take you places, that you may, or may not have dreamed about. As far as I can tell, it will take you closer to walking, in the footsteps of Jesus, which you might have ever thought possible!! Isn’t that, secretly on everybody’s, Spiritual wish list?  Haven’t you just sit pondering over how cool, that Jesus really is, and thinking that you want to be that cool?

John 14:12  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

When Jesus said this, He was talking to His disciples. That is the reason, that a large percentage of Christians have no power, in their ministry. If you want real power, there isn’t but one way that I know to get it, and that is from Holy Spirit. You have to get close to the Son of God. You have to learn of His ways, and do all, that you are told to do. There are so many promises in the Bible, that can only be accessed, by a close, continual walk, with the Lord Jesus Christ.

The only way that walking in this newness of life is possible there has to be a decision made. This doesn’t happen by accident. Jesus is not going to one day tell you, that it’s time to grow deeper, whether you want to or not. Once you accept the plan of Salvation it has no effect on your free will. You still have the right to choose, what you want, in your life. This only comes about, as the result of a personal decision, which we make on purpose. Are you tuff enuff?    Ain’t God great?

                 ….Much Love                 

No comments:

Post a Comment