www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Human sized Bobble-Head.

Do y’all ever get depressed?             I went through a good battle with it yesterday. Yesterday was Easter Sunday, and I say this because, there really ain’t no telling when, I will get around to posting this page. Palm Sunday rolled around, and I stayed in bed all that day, and the most of the following Monday. I am not exactly sure what was wrong but I didn’t feel worth a flip.

I was so determined to make Easter Sunday service, that I started preparing Saturday night. Sunday morning arrived, and the alarm went off. I had already decided not to attend the sunrise service, but I wanted to go to Sunday school, and the regular service. I turned off my seven-thirty alarm, and the next thing that I knew it was almost ten. I set on the side of the bed, with thoughts racing wildly, through my head. I am going to get ready really quick, and make the ten-thirty service. I was stuck to the side of my bed, acting like a human sized bobble-head.

Once I decided that I wasn’t going to make it everything was fine until ten-thirty. That was the time that he arrived exactly. Who was it?      My oldest arch-enemy!!  He was doing what that he does best, which is making a bad situation even worse.

John 10:10  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 

I don’t know if I was depressed was he got there, but I certainly knew, that I was once he let up on me. I mean that devil called me everything, but a child of God!! Unfortunately, I was in no shape to argue with him, so I simply lowered my head in defeat. This is not a story of victory. Oh how I wish that it was, but I would be lying if I even tried to pull that one off. 

I spent Easter Sunday in the bed once again, because once Satan stopped kicking my butt, I stepped into his place, for the next twelve hours.  Does this ring a bell with anybody else, or am I the lone ranger with this one? I rarely go through bouts with depression, and most of the time that I do, I handle it the same way that Jesus handle’s him.  It is written!! I will usually go straight to the word, and place scriptures, in his face.
I suffered horrendously that day, until around ten that night. This was the time that I finally got up, and wanted to play. I felt extremely guilty, even at that time. That was when Holy Spirit started talking with me. He gave me comfort, that Jesus also had that sin on Him, when He was nailed to the cross.

1John 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I am not sure what was really going on with me on that day. I didn’t even offer up a battle, neither did I seek out a solution. It was like I had forgotten why I even wanted to attend that church service, or any church service. Not only had I forgotten who I was, I apparently had forgotten Who it was, that made me who I am!! This is getting weirder, as I was thinking about it.

I really don’t know what happened. How can a man that spends hours each day thinking about, and praying to, and offering praises to my creator, forget about Him for several hours? This might not concern you, but it really places me on the edge? 

There is a great lesson in all this, and it’s not how to completely fail. I am sure, if we would all be honest about our relationship, that we have every one of us had the same experience, or at least one similar. All though from talking with other Christians I might simply be breaking new ground. Either way that it goes, I am just tickled to be breaking new ground, in an ongoing, relationship with Jesus.
The truth is that on Easter Sunday I did a totally despicable thing, and let Satan bad mouth me to no end. I did something far worse than that also; I forgot to call, on my only help, in a drastic time of need.

 However, this story is going to and on a happy note, with the lesson, that I learned that day. Even though, I was in some different kind of a funk on Sunday, my Lord knew exactly where I was at, and the state, that I was in. He never lifted His protective hand from my situation, and just let me suffer enough to realize what I have got. 

I don’t know about you, but I would say that, the events of that day were well worth, any consequences that there might have been.     Am I saying, that God caused this madness of a day to happen?    Not really, because I think that it was all about my actions. However, this is what I am saying; I know without any shadow of a doubt, that He took advantage of that situation to show me, that He still loves me!!

Joshua 24:15  And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: (but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD).

Serving our Lord Jesus is a no-brainer; whether we can remember to call upon Him or not. This is what makes a relationship, a relationship. We are woven together, and the proof always comes out in the pudding!!    Ain’t Jesus Great?

                 ….Much Love                  

No comments:

Post a Comment