www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Judging is a Vicious Cycle

Is there anything in particular, that your flesh simply loves to do, to other human beings? If you are anything like I am, there might be several things. However, I would have to say that my largest problem lies in judging other people. I am not talking about using discernment, in Spiritual matters. I am talking about judging folks, a.k.a., looking down my nose at them, and pointing a bony,..Ahem,…little fat finger at them, while proceeding to play the character of Lawyer, Judge, and Executioner, all in the same breath!!

I am sure that those of the religious crowd headed out the exit door, because they can’t relate to what I am saying here. That will be fine though, because they have no need of Jesus anyway. I am a sick puppy, and I need all of the Lord, that I can get in my life. He came just for folks like I am.

Mark 2:17  When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

James, why are saying, that it is bad to judge folks?   You do realize that everyone judges each other, right?     Yes, I do realize that is true. However, as Christian believers, we are supposed to be living above the standard, which the world sets. Beside that point is the fact, that Jesus commanded us not to judge each other.

Matthew 7:1-2  Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2  For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Do you think that is true James?  Is Jesus saying that judging will become a viscous cycle?      Jesus didn’t waste any words, and everything that He said is the absolute truth. He is giving us fair warning, that we will pay the law of consequences if we judge each other. What the Lord is saying, in so many words is that we are not only to judge, but we are not to gossip either.

Have you ever noticed, that most of the time, that we judge it becomes a Pharisaical event? The only reason that we take the time to judge somebody is because we want to make ourselves seem to be better, than we really are. We sure like to take the heat off of us, and place it on somebody else, even if there is no heat on us at the moment. Is anybody on this earth worth impressing more than Jesus is? Jesus knows how nasty, that we really are, and still love us.

It is really hard to judge without knowing the entire situation. We only know the things that we see, and sometimes we don’t see what we are truly looking at. We just think that we know what we are seeing. We think that we understand why people are doing the things, that they are doing, and most of the time we are clueless. We don’t know what people have been through, in their past life. We have no idea what they have seen with their own eyes, and we certainly have no idea what they are feeling!!

I learned a long time ago, from my personal experience, that people only tell you, what that they want you to know about themselves. Most of the time, what they say is like the iceberg sticking up out of the water. The real story is beneath the water. What we need is to learn to love each other, and not to judge each other.  I know how hard that it is to do this, but I know that it is possible.

It is not possible in our own strength. It is possible in the strength of the Holy Spirit. Living the Christian life is not possible in our own strength. We will fail every time. If we ever are to live a victorious Christian life, then we must master the art of surrendering.

Jesus knew that we would not be able to do the things that He commanded us to do by ourselves. He realized that the only way that we could love, in the way that He commanded us to love, would be with His help. There is an excellent verse in the book of First Peter, which gives us all the help that we need. It will work in times of trouble, and all other times.

  1Peter 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Unfortunately, most of us will wait until we have messed a situation up real good, before we seek help from the Master. I like using that word Master, because it fits our Lord quite well. Jesus is the Master over all, and that includes our lives. It makes no difference if we surrender to Him, or not, because He is still over our lives. I find that it is better to simply surrender, and make Jesus the Lord over our lives.

I am learning more about Jesus than I ever have in the past. Jesus is truly love. However, I am glad, that I will not be on His bad side, when it comes time to dish out justice.  If I have never accepted His sacrifice, as redemption for my sins, I would be in some serious trouble. I am not man enough, to suffer the consequences, which my sin debt would cost me. Actually, I am not human enough, to handle the consequences, for my sin debt in a place, that never was prepared for humans anyway!!

I think that I have written enough, to give us plenty to think about. I think that we need to take a minute to give praise to Jesus, for the cross, and the sacrifice, that He made for us. Jesus certainly didn’t have to do this, and none of us deserved His graciousness, and extreme generosity.

Thank you Jesus,……..Thank you!!     Ain’t Jesus the most awesome, which ever was?

                 ….Much Love         

No comments:

Post a Comment