www.billofrights.org

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Humble….Me?

Today was a simply wonderful day and gorgeous to boot!! I think that I got a bit much sun today, but I have always tanned dark, and deep. I will only burn once, and I don’t think that this was, this year’s burn. Anyway let’s go ahead, and get started with today’s subject. 

It has taken me a lot of years to realize, how good that God is, and how undeserving, that I am of anything from Him. The most major thing, that I learned was about the trinity, and the more that I learned; the less, that I know. I believe that every Christian should learn about the trinity, but from someone more qualified than I. I think that I would simply confuse folks.

My great realization, about the trinity is that, the same God did everything, which we need to have a relationship with Him. He created a marvelous battlefield/training ground/home, for us to live, and play on, and then He created us. He knew full well, that we would blow our relationship, with the entering into violation of sin, that would separate us.

God remained with us, trying to teach us, of His mercy, and goodness, even when we didn’t seem to care. He continued to put up with us, attempting to show us how to live, the most successful way possible. He came back as the messiah, in the form of His son Jesus Christ, and bore the burden of the cross, for us. If that was not good enough He came back, in the form of Holy Spirit, when Jesus ascended, back to Heaven.

Would it be safe to say, that our God has done, everything in His power, short of violating our free will, to have a relationship with us? If you think about it, that is the only thing, that He hasn’t done. It time for me to branch off in a different direction, and the ways are endless. I am feeling like a wildcard tonight, so I will attempt to follow the unusual path.

2Corinthians 3:5  Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

This is just one of the many lessons, that we should learn to follow, in our relationship, with our God. Being human seems to follow right in line with being a knuckle-head. Humility is one, of our hardest lessons to learn, and it comes with some, of the greatest rewards. Let’s jump right back into the Old Testament, for our first verse on being humble.

 Psalms 46:10  Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Now how much more simple, could that be, than to let our Father show His power on our behalf? Instead most of the time were telling God, that we have this situation, like He couldn’t handle it. If the truth were to be told we know that He can handle it, were just not sure if it will be like we want it to be handled!! We are not keeping our efficiency, in Father in check. We are still trying to run something.

Mathew 23:12  And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

I get a kind of sick feeling, when I hear some folks saying that the Old Testament is so yesterday’s news. That it no longer applies to the business of today. Once again if the truth be told, they really don’t like any part of the Bible, because they are not willing to humble themselves. The Old Testament is filled with example of this verse that Jesus is saying, from the book of Matthew.

I just want to point a couple out, and then we can move on. Joseph was just a young one, when his world got flipped upside-down, and more than once. Sold into slavery by his brothers, and then rising close to the top of Potiphar’s home.  Then because he stayed humble before God, was cast into prison. He was elevated in the prison, and eventually became the prime minister of Egypt.

Daniel is another fascinating read, of what remaining humble before God, can get you highly exalted during captivity. Daniel served under four different kings, and because of his resistance to follow, out of the ways of God, he was elevated to a statue, of great importance. Daniel faced death several times in his life, for not bowing to the pagan gods, but God is always faithful. Father’s word can be trusted, in all situations.

Let’s take a look at one more example of being Humble. Actually let’s look at two more verses, because of the different nature of the rewards involved. In the book of First Peter we see, that once again, that being humble causes being exalted. You might be thinking, that you really don’t want to be exalted, because you are a behind the scenes, kinda Christian. Getting very real, in my case, I am extremely shy by nature. The great thing is Father never exalts us, without equipping us first.

1Peter 5:6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Now we have come to the last verse, with a different reward. I would take this reward over being exalted anytime.

James 4:6  But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

I probably could write a book on God’s grace, although many great authors already have. There have been many songs, of great praise written, about the grace of God. I tend to like to get personal, about what the grace of God, means to me. (God’s riches at Christ expense   G.R.A.C.E)

Because I have received Jesus as my Savior, I am now family, and therefore the riches, of my Father are made available to me. Membership does have its privileges!!!      Ain’t God Awesome? 

             ….Much Love          
 

No comments:

Post a Comment