www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

In the Sight of Father

I love the season of spring!! Nature is budding out, and bringing forth their praises to Father, in the form of flowers. Living in Florida we get to see a different color of green in the plants and trees. It is a lighter color of green, which signifies a fresh start.


We all need a fresh start from time to time, some of us more often than others. I learned yesterday, of a friend, who was sitting in jail, for felony possession of cocaine. His daughter told me about his situation. I ask the usual questions about prior convictions, and received the none in Florida answer. I didn’t pry any further. I did offer the best that I could, and told the young woman, that he would be in my prayers.

Suddenly a blank look came crossed her face. I knew that an alarm went off in my Spirit, but I didn’t realize why at the time. I can be as dense as the forest at times. I brought this feeling home with me, and it wasn’t until last night, that the pieces came together. This girl needed my prayers much more, than my friend. 

My friend was in the place that God allowed him to be, for the reasons that only He knows about. If I had to guess, it would be because this man spent eighteen months, in the same program which I did, learning about Father. I have paid close attention to the men, which went through that program, and come out living like the world. They seem to suffer more severe consequences, for their actions. Even though, I really can’t tell, that they have been Saved. 

Matthew 7:20  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

This is a powerful statement made by Jesus, and I use it as a guiding tool for discernment. I realize that Jesus did not make me a fruit inspector, or leave me in charge of the inspection process. However, He did not want me to be ignorant either. 

Matthew 10:16  Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

How do we get the wisdom of a serpent?     Can I do any better, than just being as smart, as a snake?   Actually being smart, and having wisdom, is two different things. Being smart means that you have knowledge, and having wisdom means, that you know how to use that knowledge, in the right way, at the right time. 

Ok James.  Where can I get this wisdom?  I am glad that you ask, because I realize that we need all the wisdom, that we can receive in our battle. Let’s go to the book of James for this answer.

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Being the true scholar that I am, I needed to look up, that word upbraideth to understand, the meaning of it. The simplest way which I can put the meaning is that it does not reproach, rebuke, or treat harshly. Maybe I can put it more simplistic, than I just did. It does not make us feel foolish, because we are in need. Often times we have trouble learning, new and different things, if we have a critical instructor.

The great thing about asking Father, for the wisdom that we lack is the fact that Holy Spirit will be teaching us. Holy Spirit is as kind, and gentle as Jesus. No matter hold old, or young, that we are, we are still children, in the sight of Father. We are taught with even more kindness and compassion, than we can use while teaching our own children.  I need to reiterate, because that only happens when we are seek something. The same does not apply, when we have become a rogue operative.    Another lesson learned the hard way!!

I am amazed at the goodness and graciousness, which is being applied to my life now. There ain’t nothing, in my past for me to brag about personally, and I am being honestly serious. I have arrived at the point that the only thing that I have to brag about, is Jesus is my life, and what He has brought me through!! Know what all the He has brought me through, I can’t imagine the madness that He has saved me from going through!!     Ain’t Jesus Great?

           ….Much Love          

No comments:

Post a Comment