www.billofrights.org

Friday, April 11, 2014

Get over yourself!!

The surest and the quickest way, which I have figured out how to get intimate, with the Lord is, by reading His word. I realize that word intimate, might freak some folks out. I say that because, there was a time in my life, that any form of intimacy, would cause me to run away. However, I have found that, the most important person, to have an intimate relationship with is Jesus. If we never have but one intimate relationship in our lives, then it ought to be with Jesus.

You might be thinking, why is that the most important person?                  I never have seen the person of Jesus with my eyes.                  There are times, when I can’t even feel His presence.     That is why; He should be the most important person, in the lives, of all Christian believers. Once again, the surest way to strengthen our relationship, with Jesus is through, the Word of God. 

There is a mighty passage, in the book of the weeping prophet Jeremiah. Jeremiah was known by this name, because he wept over the city of Jerusalem, because their sin had caused the destruction, and captivity they were going through, at the present time. There sin was the failure to worship God, first place in their lives, so the Lord allowed them to be taken captive.

The same applies to us today. If we don’t give the Lord first place in our lives, then He will allow us, to be taken captive also. There are so many things in the world today, which are more, than willing to hold us hostage. Alcohol, and drugs, is some of the most blatant things that hold us captive. That cigarette that your smoking is full of a drug called nicotine.  I have personally been held in bondage by that drug, for thirty-three years. The only way, that I broke that stronghold was Jesus. I am happy to say, that I have had no nicotine, in my system, for thirty-five months now!!

Jeremiah 29:11  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
If you ever feel like God has forgotten about you, this verse should give you great hope. The thought that the Lord has about us, He is thinking toward us. In other words, our Father is thinking, His will, for our lives, toward us as individuals.           Did you catch the end of the verse?                Father is thinking all the way to the end!!     Let’s continue on, and see what else Father is saying.

Jeremiah 29:12-13  Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. 

This is the best news; I have received, since my sins were covered, in the blood of Jesus!! This is a verse of action, and a verse of promise. First we call on the Lord, and we pray unto Him, and He listens to us.   How many of you, simply wish, that somebody would listen to you? Well, right here in this verse our Father says that He will. This is the great thing about Father listening to whatever we have to say, He is the only One, that can actually do, anything about our issues.

Verse thirteen is a conditional verse. Even though it is in the Old Testament, it is a verse about discipleship. Discipleship is the way, to the heart of God. There is no other way, that I know of to search, for the Lord with all of our heart. Discipleship is when a person makes the decision, to let loose of our hold on the world, and follow Jesus, obeying His commands.

Jeremiah 29:14  And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

Isn’t that a sweet promise, that the Lord makes to us?   Father says that, He will make himself available to us. He says that, He will be active in our lives. The way that Father is talking about gathering up His children, reminds me of this verse where Jesus is talking.

Luke 13:34  O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!

Once again, I want to remind the readers, of the reason, that we are even here. There was a single reason, which we were even created to begin with, and that reason was to have, a real time relationship, with our Creator. We don’t have to wait, until we get to our Heavenly home, to experience our relationship, with our Father God. That would be a waste of good time if we did, when our eternal existence started, the moment, that we accepted the sacrifice of Jesus, for our sins.

Actually, I don’t know how some of these folks, who call themselves Christians, are going to survive in Heaven. They are so timed, and don’t like excitement. They don’t want the music to be too loud, and have mercy if the man of God, who is bringing, the message gets excited, and starts to shout. You know the kind, which I am speaking about, and you might be one of those, that feel that way.

If you are one of those, then I have good news for you.           Get over yourself!!   We are looking forward to a home, that was created by our Father. Our new home is a home, where the will of the Father rules, and reigns!! The little that we are told about Heaven makes it a place of excitement, and very loud volumes. If you are complaining about, the little bit of excitement that goes on in church today, then you are seeking control.  Give up the control, and try to get more excited than the man preaching. It might make somebody else get excited!!     Ain’t God Great?

            ….Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment