www.billofrights.org

Monday, April 14, 2014

Are You crucified with Christ?

To the Christian, the Word of God is filled with great hope, and many promises. To everyone else it is, pretty much just foolishness.  Aren’t you glad that you are a born again believer, of the Most High God? Things haven’t changed all that much, over the years. The God of creation and the Father of Jesus Christ, can still be considered, the Most High God. You might think that, there are not as many, of the other gods, in today’s time, but actually, there are more. There have been a lot of different things created, since the days of the Bible, and everything, has the potential to be a god.

The true believers of our Father God know, and realize, that there is no other god like Him. No other god can make the promise, of an eternal life. Just like no other god can promise peace and contentment. All that these other gods can provide is a temporary satisfaction, in the here and now. That satisfaction is very short lived, if ever produced at all. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, and boys and girls, I will stick with Jesus Christ, who is good all the time!!

Today, I would like to go to the book of Galatians, and pull a verse out of the archives, which explains our Christianity. It starts off by getting us out of the way, so Jesus can work His power, in our lives. 

Galatians 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Crucifixion is one, of the surest ways to provide death, down through the ages. There have been folks, which survived the electric chair, hanging, the firing line, and even the guillotine. I am not too sure about survived the guillotine, but they weren’t totally decapitated, until the headsman finished the job, with his sword. (No joke. Headsman was his occupational title.) 

Although, the death that we are talking about is a Spiritual death. We have to kill off the old sin nature in us, because it must die. Much more that forgiven for our sins, they must suffer death. Jesus identified with sinful man, when He came to live among us on the earth. We can identify with Jesus, because we were in Him when, He was crucified on the cross. 

Even though we suffered death, nevertheless we live. We have passed from Spiritual death, to being Spiritual alive. I never knew that I was a walking dead man, until I gave my life and sins over to Jesus. Like the old Christian anthem states, in Amazing Grace; I was blind, and now I see!! 

John 10:10  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The reason for the more abundant life, is fabulously cool. When Jesus takes up residence inside of us, and starts living through us, the more abundance of life can’t help but take place. It simply has to manifest through our lives, because of Jesus living through us.

Please allow me to remind the readers of why we were created. We were created to have a relationship and fellowship with God.            How could we have that fulfilled in our lives, than Jesus, living His life through us?   I don’t know about you, but just that though gives me a big smile on my face, and every hair on my body standing up!! (Glory bumps)

Romans 8:29  For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.  

How much more can we be conformed, to the image of Jesus, than allowing Him, to live through us?  Our Salvation was a free gift, and that was the only thing, that we get from God for free. From that point on everything will cost us something. If you are thinking that I am wrong, by saying this.  There was nothing, which cost you anything, in your spiritual life. 

Luke 14:28  For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? 

Jesus said Himself, that we must count the cost, while talking about discipleship. Please read the completion, of that chapter, in the book of Luke, starting at verse twenty-five. The things that I write about only apply, to those that are seeking, a closer relationship with Jesus. Those folks that believe, that they have taken out a Hell insurance policy, and are too lazy, to seek out a relationship with Jesus, can’t have these benefits. 

Matthew 7:7  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 

I really can’t see how anybody, that has really been touched by God cannot, follow closely in discipleship. I know that I spent a lot of years, simply messing my life up. However, I can honestly say, that I had not received, that personal touch from Jesus, that I has taken to change myself.  Am I saying that, I wasn’t saved for all those years?  No, I am not, but I am saying that I don’t know.

I know that I was involved heavily in my younger years in a religious ritual. It was the same religious ritual, that many are involved with today. We attend a church service religiously, and if we miss a service, we think, that we have wronged God. We have not wronged God by missing, a church service. We wrong God by not having anything to do with Him, the other six days, of the week!!

It’s all about the relationship!!      Ain’t God Great?

                ….Much love           

No comments:

Post a Comment