www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Bit of Difference

Even though, I have some experience in living the discipleship way of life, I am in no way an expert on this subject. However, I would really love to share with you some, of the benefits of living, this way of life. I want to start out by talking, about a very positive event, that took place in my life. Even though, this was a positive action that took place, it is one the most painful actions. 

I am talking about a heightened awareness, of the presence, of Holy Spirit. It has been my experience, that my Spirit is so much more aware, of Holy Spirits convicting power. I know that there is no slack in Holy Spirit’s work in all of Fathers children. He is always on the job of convicting us of sinful actions in our lives. Are you with me so far?   Do you know that it seems that you had a choice, of how you would react, to His prompting? 

Can we get real for a minute?    There have been many times when I was feeding my flesh of something that it desired. Then Holy Spirit would be convicting me of my sin, and I wouldn’t pay Him any attention. I am not joking. Christian or not, I have been a very carnal Christian at times. The flesh wants what it wants, and there have been times, that I wanted it just as bad.

1Thessalonians 5:19  Quench not the Spirit.

I am here to tell you, that when you walk closer to the Lord, that means, that Holy Spirit is closer also. He isn’t as easy to push away either, because He will start talking with you.    Asking you questions.       Do you really want me to back off of you?     Is that what you really want?    Have you got this now?   That is the downside, if there were a downside, and only because nobody likes to be corrected.

Another great thing, about walking closer to Jesus is the way, that I look at things. I really can’t remember the last time, that I worried about something going on, in my life. It would seem that I have always looked for things to get upset about. I am sure that none of you can relate to that, but I really have. There isn’t any wonder that my blood pressure was sky high. I lived under two schools of thought. Either I was always worrying about something, or I couldn’t have cared less. Neither one of those attitudes were good.

Philippians 4:7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I live under the principal today, that God will always make a way, if it was in His will, for my life. There has been situations, that weren’t, in in His will for me, and it has always turned out to be better. I am learning that God knows what is best for me, in my life. The reason for this is that He knows me better, than I even know myself.

Actually, I don’t even recognize who I am any more. All the anger, or at least the most of my anger has went someplace else, and I am not about to look for it either!! Nine times out of ten, when I am in a line at some store, and the person, at the register has a problem, I can remain calm. I did say nine out of ten times, because I am still human.

You might be thinking, that I must have a halo shinning above my head, and I must say, that I have never noticed one there. Actually, I love the person, that I am slowly becoming. I don’t feel any better than anybody else. I simply feel like I am much better, than I was before. I have come from a place of total degradation, up to a place of hope.

Have you ever felt like; there was absolutely no hope, what-so-ever for you?  I have lived under that dark cloud, for most of my life. I was host to several different demons, that was ruling my life. I followed ever command, that they bid me do to the letter. The truth was that I was miserable, because I knew that it was wrong. I knew that I was supposed to be a better person. I knew that I was supposed to be a happier person. I even knew, that I was to be a person, with great meaning, in my life. I just was blinded by Satan to understand the way to accomplish this way of life.

I am happy to say to you, that folks make fun of me, mostly after I am walking off. These folks are the ones, that call me a friend to my face. Those stab me in the back, with their precision honed daggers, made of the finest foam known to man. I simply smile knowing that I left an impression. That is what life is about today. That is why I write this blog. I have the hope, that I leave an impression on a reader, that Jesus is alive today.

Not only is Jesus alive today, He is everything that the Word of God, states that He is. He is everything that I ever needed, and I didn’t know what I needed. I had a long list of wishes, but those were not what I actually needed. Funny thing is my next breath, never was on that list, and we all know how vitally important, that is to have. However, I found something, which was much more important to have, than that next breath!!

Ok James.   What could be more important, than anybody’s next breath?   I am glad that you asked, because something more important than our next breath has to be the most important thing in our lives. The reason being, without our next breath, our life will cease to exist here, on the earth. What is the most important thing in our lives?     Jesus Christ. 
      
John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Ain’t Jesus Awesome?

            ….Much Love           

No comments:

Post a Comment