www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ain't it strange?


Maybe I am just getting older, but life seems to be less difficult to live. I'm sure that, ...At least in my case, …....That wisdom is coming more abundant. I am amazed at the youth today. It's not like they are any different that I was in my younger days. Actually,.......The more that I listen to them talk,..........I wonder how I ever lived this long!!

It seems that they spend a lot of time talking about what others think of them. Either it is how great that they are, and how much that they are loved. The other is how somebody is judging them wrongly. Then the other big deal is how they gonna mess them up if they don't snap into the same line of thought that they possess. In other words they are looking to control somebody!!

I can totally relate to that line of thought. I don't think I have ever had a loving relationship with anybody. I took a couple hostages, …...or maybe it was the other way around. I'm not exactly sure which way it really went, because in all honesty,..................You had to a sick woman suffering from some mental dysfunction just to put up with me!!

Only two women even tried to wrangle me, and I took full advantage of them both. I really didn't mean to hurt either, but I did any way. I was suffering from a severe addiction problem, and didn't know how to love myself. It would have been impossible for me to love else. The only thing that I truly loved was my next beer, or drink, or pill, or joint, and please don't let us forget my main addiction.....tobacco!

I don't know if I told y'all yet,......................Wait on it,....................., Wait on it,.......................Y'all ready?......................Here it comes,.................Drum roll please,........................Since the month of May 2011 I have not had tobacco in any shape, form, or fashion in my mouth at all!!

Now,.....I would like to tell you how great I was in doing this, and how easy that it was. This would be a lie straight from the pits of hell if I did!!

I had been smoking 33 years of my life, and I was completely addicted beyond all reasoning. I had tried several times to quit before, with absolutely no success. I knew if I was to make it in this mission program that I had to get serious about quitting, because this was one requirement of being here.

I prayed earnestly for a couple weeks, before I got here. I needed a real solution to a major problem. I ask God to take the desire to smoke away from me. I even ask him to make the smell so unbearable to my senses that I would not even think about smoking ever again. I also told Him that if He couldn't do that for me,...................That I didn't really have any business being here!!

Well,.................He was true to His word,........but,..............It didn't come all that easy. I prayed hard, and hurt even harder. It took me a couple months to even get any relief, but it finally came. However,..........it didn't all come at once. The good news is that it continues to arrive just as I need it!!

Satan is a tricking little bugger. He tries me every now and then. He wants me just to smoke,.......Just one, because he know that it will give me a buzz first, and then make me sick. The silly sad part is that I will chase that buzz all over again regardless of how sick it makes me!!

What Satan meant for bad,............God will turn it around for the good. If I ever even think about smoking all I need to do is get down wind from somebody smoking, and that seals the deal!! Smoking is one of the most incredible stinking acts that I have ever been a part of enduring. The people that smoke smell terrible. Sometimes I can even smell the stench on children.

I really can't believe how sensitive that I am to the smell, because I grew up in a house full of it. Well,...............I guess that I got what I prayed for,....................THANK YOU LORD!!



….................Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment