www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Stop!!..........Thief!!

I give honor to the people that read this that say that they have never stole anything. I wish that I could say that,.......But my life of crime started when I was in the first grade. My mother had a gravy boat setting on the top of the refrigerator, and it was filled with pennies.
I really don't know what sparked this crime spree off in my life.     I only took a few pennies............That first day. Keep in mind that back 44 years ago,.....That you actually buy things with a few pennies. I must have got hooked on stealing mom's pennies, and cough drops. Yep,.......That right,........I was buying Ludens cough drops of all things. Must have been something in them that charmed my addictive behavior.
Well,............It didn't take long for mother to question me about her missing pennies. Of coarse I denied having anything what-so-ever to do with them. The funny thing is that only us two lived in this house!!         I wasn't really too bright!!
That little act was probably the one that taught me the most,............But not the way that it should have. I realized that my thievery, and my ability to lie had to sharpen up if I ever was going to amount to any thing!! ( I don't know why I would feel this way. It sounds as stupid to me, as it does to you!!)
When I was all grown up, and working for a living..............I started robbing my Father every week!! Now I am not talking about my biological father. I am talking about my Daddy that lives in Heaven!! Yep,......That's right,.........Once again,.........I just ain't acting that bright!!
In the book of Malachi verse 8 God says if I with-hold the tithe,............Then I am robbing Him. (8) Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
OK,...............Let me see if I really understand what is being said here. He actually want a tenth of everything that I get, and I supposed to offer more than my tithe. I will admit that the Master of the Universe doesn't expect as much as the internal revenue service,.........But.......What if I can't, or just refuse to give up my money?
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
Wow!!     Now that is pretty stern!!............Don't you think?       What kind of curse do you reckon that He was talking about?       Oh wait...........He said more........Well,...... He is talking about what He will do if we honor the tithe to Him.              Aha,.......Wait I got it,.....I got it!!      All the great things that He says that He will do for us if were obedient is actually Father lifting the curse that is already upon us!!          That is fantastic!!          Let's read on:
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.
12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.

Honestly folks,.........God has no need of your money.      He just wants your obedience, and if you love Him, and do as the Father asks............Then you will be blessed!!     
The Lord didn't say that He will make you wealthy in cash, because cash is just a piece of paper to the Lord. Gold is so worthless to Him that He has paved all the streets in Heaven with it!!    He will make you wealthy in the blessing of other things that means much more than just money!!
The Father does make a pretty bold statement when He says prove me!!     We know that there is not much that Father can't do,.........And lie is one of them!!       Test Him......Try Him.........Put in on Him!!        And reap the benefits of His love for you!!
            ...................Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment