www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Just never know....


It sure is a beautiful morning!! I'm sitting down at the Jacksonville Landing just admiring the river view. I guess that all of you know this, but I am gonna tell you again anyway. The St. John's river flows backwards. The only other river that flows backwards is the Nile river. There is something very mystical about a backwards flowing body of water that I can't explain. It just fells weird sitting next to a river watching it flow..............Time to move on!!

I saw a bird feeding this morning, and I thought it was cool the way that he did it. The bird would dive down in the water, and he wouldn't surface until he had a fish in his mouth. He did this for several minutes. I made mention of the bird to a woman who works here cleaning up. She told me that it was a duck. I called it a bird, but she knew better. This lady had been watching this duck feeding frenzy for several months now!! As a matter of a fact she went in great detail about several different birds, and their eating habits.

As I walked up the pier side I noticed a man sitting on a bench reading a Bible. There was a ship that had caught my attention tied up on the pier. It was named The “ Grande Mariner.” It was a relatively small ship by comparison, as I got closer it said blount small ships on the side. Well,..........Duh!!

When I got to where I could use the Internet, ( They offered wifi from the ship. I just didn't know the password.) I looked up the ships name, and Google lit up like a Christmas tree.

I reckon the thang to do is at least show you a picture, and post a link, before I move along

 
Wow!!,................. This taking away from my favorite part of this story.    Well,.....i just reckon that i can't let that happen,.......................Can i?
I need to go back to the man sitting on a bench reading his Bible, as i hurried along to see the ship. Just as i was walking past him i spoke in my most UN-intimidating southern drawl, " Whatche readin'?" He looked up, and smiled, and flipped to the cover of that Bible. i reassured him that i knew what the book was, but i wanted to know what passage that he was reading.
He reminded me of a young boy, as he giggled, and said, Oh,.......It's the book of Psalms. We continued to talk about the book of Psalms, and then we started a conversation on the books of John ,.......all 4 of them. 
If you care anything about God's Word,............Then you have to be a big fan of John. John is " Off the Chain!!"  He seems like he would be timid, and very shy, but that is no where even close to the truth. Read the book of 1st John, or any of the last three,..............or what the heck!!,..................Go for broke, and read them all!!!
I really just wanted to point out one true fact for anybody that takes the time to read the Word............It makes us more user friendly!!              Couldn't we all stand to be a little more user friendly?
Yep,.................That's right,........................I know that i could!!
 
......................Much Love
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment