www.billofrights.org

Friday, November 30, 2012

What just happened?

You ever simply, …....Just can not understand why that you could possibly be going into something?     That's the way that I felt when the folks sent me back to the mission downtown.   I believe that I did some things to get me there a little quicker, but I also know that God overrides any decision that they think that they are making.      Psalms 37:23 tells me that for a fact!! (23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.)
Part of the requirement for city rescue mission is for me to go back to McDuff for two days and work. I go on Thursday's and Friday's of my own choice. I work in the kitchen, and have ever since I first entered in.    Actually,.........I love it,............Because this is the kind of work that I have been doing most of my life.       Everything that I need to do comes so easy to me. This is definitely my comfort zone. I am a quick, efficient, and a self-started who requires minimal supervision if any.
I really enjoy going down there on the days that I need to go. The main excitement for me is my immediate supervisor.    Whom I will call Big Grif. Big Grif is something else when you get to know him. He has a real whacked out sense of humor.    It's about the way he sees  Things,...........Well,...........It almost make me feel like I am sane!!     OK,.......OK,.....I know that is a bit much!!!       But I can always hope!!
Seriously,..........He is a Godly man, just trying to make it in a world full of corruption. We talk often, and he always brings out a point that I never realized before. I try to do the same with him. Oops,....Here is another one,.............Proverbs 27:17....(17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.)
I honestly wish that I could spend more time with him, but his schedule is very hectic. There is always somebody waiting to see him in his office, and those jokers seem to always have some plan in store for him to do!! He also has a full life at home. Yep,..............That's right,.........He has a beautiful wife, and six kids, or maybe I should say babies to keep him busy.

Wait a minute,...................Didn't you start off with one story,..and all of a sudden took a left turn without a signal? Yeah,.........So do you have a point that yer tryin' to make? I'm always all over the road. Half the time I ain't sure what I am doing!!
I'm glad that your paying attention, and I’ll go back to finish. Well,......I was on the right road, because this had to do with a conversation that I was having with one of the guys. He made the statement that State street would not be in his future. If they tried to send him back that he would go, ….....But not to State street!!
I started talking to him from my heart,......And low and behold if the answer didn't trickle from my own lips that I had been wondering about. At least part of it did...............This is what I said: Oh no,........Don't look at it like that. It's really not that big of a deal. You should be so lucky to go back on your own. You will not believe the difference that it makes when you go back into the hell zone with as much God inside of you, as you will have if that day comes. You will not even get caught up in that madness,................And you can get a chance to see how much that you have grown...
I am not sure what I was doing at that point,................Because I was dumbfounded!! I am pretty sure that I had one of those looks on my face that don't surface that often. Honestly,.....I had just had a epiphany from my own heart, while sharing with another student.
It makes total sense now..............On to the next adventure!!

…..........Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment