www.billofrights.org

Saturday, November 24, 2012

part #1


Part of this Soul Searching that I have been doing of lately has revealed some interesting information. Once again it is all about me. Just in case I am not an island, and there some folks out there that can relate, then I will continue on.

Now,.....I have figured out why I believe the way that I do. I guess the next question would be; “ Why would I want to believe in anything other that myself?”

Let's face it folks,.............There has been people ever since recorded time that have believed in something. There has been thousands of different things that people have believed in recorded in books though out the ages. In actuality there is no shortage of choices.       Don't we all like choices?

That still don't answer the question that I need to answer. Why would I want to believe in anything other that myself? However,.....All this information will come into play later on.

Now, ….....I have to go back to the creation of myself. I have learned that everything in my life time is born through the fertilization of a seed, and as far as I can tell...........I was also born in this type of manner. Hey wait!!..................Didn't there have to be a beginning? Yep,..............I reckon so,................And let's say for all general purposes that we call this mastermind..............GOD.

I know,...........I know,...........I know this still don't answer the question at hand, but it just got one step closer.

It seems to me that whom ever my Creator was He left a part out that I could choose what to fill it with. Believe you me buddy I have tried to fill that empty hole with all kinds of different things. I have even tried a combination of different items, but they all left me feeling lacking for something more. I could never be satisfied, and I never got enough for my fill.

I have the desire for something to believe in!! Actually,........I don't even feel close to a whole being without a higher form, or cause to believe in. Can you remember back when you were kids your parent(s) filled that spot for a short while. Then the day came when we needed something else to fill that hunger down deep inside of us.

OK,..............Let's go back to some of the fantastic stories that have come down over the years. There are stories of Vikings. I actually knew a feller that worshiped the Viking god Odin. For those that don't know who he is ; In mythology he was the father of the god of thunder....Thor.

Now,...........You must admit that takes quite an imagination to worship an mythological god. Honestly,.........I believe that I can top that one!!

The truth is that people believe, and worship all different kinds of gods. In A.A. They say that we need a higher power. Simply pick something that is more powerful than you are. I have even heard one guy say that the Smurfs were his higher power. I honestly believe that had to be a lack of imagination.

I believe that the A.A. Program has slipped a little since Bill Wilson formed it in the latter half of this century. If your involved in the program,..........Please go back and study it's roots. Mr. Wilson, and Dr. Bob Smith were serious about getting drunks sobered up so they could live again!!

People worship a variety of different things from other People, Religion, Money, Sex, The sun, The moon, The Stars, Cows, Satan, Demons, Angels, Fairies, Elf's.....Etc. People just worship any, and everything. I think that it's safe to say that we all were born with a part missing inside. A part that needs to be filled with something to complete us as human beings.

I believe that I really need to make this writing in two parts, because I feel that I need to take some space to explain what I really want to focus on more than the rest..........................

           …...........Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment