www.billofrights.org

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Why i believe................

I am really not sure why this was left out..........So here it is now.

I don't know why the good Lord want's me to write this blog with the accent being on Christianity. There are far more people qualified to write one, and much better skilled!! You know if I'm gonna be honest, and you know that I will,.........Brutally honest as a matter of a fact. I fail at being a Christian every day,.....I do something that I shouldn't be doing!! Sometimes I get on a roll,....Like a snowball effect,......It grows in mass the farther that it goes on!!

Now I know that God calls us to strive for perfection, and I know that we will never achieve it while on this planet. Come on now!! This is one of those times that I am tempted to say words that prove my inability to live a Holy life!!

Anyway,......Here we go with another opportunity to share with you my many misfits! …..............It is not that I doubt my faith any one bit. The question came to me the other day of; …..Why do I believe what I believe? The only problem with that is that I could not satisfy myself with an answer. As bad as that seems to be,.....It was actually good in the long run.

Every believer should know exactly why they believe the way that they do. Actually, everybody should know why they believe the way that they do no matter what the belief. Sometimes we believe what we have been taught, and sometimes that is right, and other times it is wrong. Often times we believe like our friends believe, and don't have a clue where their belief came from.

Now I am going to concentrate on the Christian view from here on out. Often times as Christians we get caught up in all different kinds of madness. We try to act like Jesus, but we don't even come close. Did Jesus come to judge, condemn, or point His Holy finger, and shake it in anger? Well,..........Did He?         I think that we all know the answer to that is no. So why do we get caught up in that kind of confusion? And that is exactly what that is is, and our Lord is not the Author of confusion!!        Now is He?

I don't really know why I write some of the things that I do, but that is for somebody, if not,....... it is for myself!! I'm guilty!! Maybe I am just preaching to myself, and if I am I might as well give myself an AMEN!!

In the effort of trying to understand why I believe the way that I do I listened to some atheist talk about why they didn't believe in a God. Honestly,.....I had to listen more that once, because I started out judging not listening. The truth is that I had to listen several times, because I caught myself.............Judging again, and often.

I think that could be a good test of what kind of a Christian are we when we listen to an atheist speak. I defiantly failed several times!! Then I listened to why Christians believe what they believe.

After listening to both groups say what that they believed. The atheist group helped me decide why I believe the way that I do the most. I know that has to sound strange to most Christians, but it's the truth.

The reason that I believe the way that I believe is the fact that I choose to believe that way!!     It is my choice!!     I have the right to choose to believe anything that I want to believe.    It don't matter what anyone else believes.     I simply have to be confident that I made the right choice!!

Now,................As Christians,.....................What are we called to do?     Love.........Simply love.     We love our God first, and in return He gives us the power to love others. Now ain't that something??     That is the first two moves that we should make as Christians, and once we get those two moves down..........Or think that we do.     We are to become disciples. Then we move on to act like Jesus, and we learn how to really treat people.

We know that no heart is moved without the presence of the Holy Spirit, so why don't we just calm down , and plant the seeds that we have been given? That is all that we as Christians have been called to do. We live by the choice that we have chosen to live by. We live by the rules that our Father has given us. We live by the law of love!!



…......................Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment