www.billofrights.org

Monday, November 5, 2012

comfort Word


In the winter time when it gets colder we eat differently. We eat good stuff like home made vegetable soup with cornbread. We even make dumplings more often. I prefer chicken with mine, but squirrel will work just as fine. We call this act eating comfort food. I guess the reason that we do this is because the body is enduring different types of stress during the colder months of the year.

People in the northern states even suffer more from depression at this time of the year. They have a special name for it, but I can't call it right now. My buddy used to suffer every winter from depression when she lived in Pennsylvania. She finally moved down here, but I’ve not saw her in a couple years.

Anyway,.......back to my gig. Have y'all ever realized when your reading the Word that some scripture verses just make you feel good? I call these types of verses comfort Word. There is a lot of them in the Bible. I would just like to share one with you today. It can be found in the book of Isaiah, 41 chapter, and verse 10.

Yep,.......that's right,........our Creator is so big, and powerful that He tells us not to have any fear, because He is with us.

Then He says,.... be not dismayed. I looked in the Strong’s commentary to see what that word actually meant in the context of this scripture. It said, (A primitive root; to gaze at or about (properly for help); by implication to inspect, consider, compassionate, be nonplussed (as looking around in amazement) or bewildered )

OK,..........Not only does He say to not to have any fear, but not to be looking around for any help, because He is our God!!

Look at the promises that He makes in this verse!! He is with us!! He is my God!! He will give me strength, and help me!! Then He say's that He will uphold me with His right hand of righteousness!!

Now,......I’m not sure about you,.... but I believe that we should get excited any time that our God makes His people a promise, little lone this many in the same verse!!

God say's that He will give us strength. The only thing is that He doesn't specify in what area, so........knowing my God the way that I do,......I believe that He will give us strength in any area that we need it in!! Whether it may be physical, mental, Spiritual, financial, or whatever area that we are experiencing weakness in. Since He said that He would help us assures us,..... that He knows exactly what we need.

The last promise is guaranteed by His awesomeness!! He makes it very personal when He says that He will uphold ( obtain, retain, hold fast) with His right hand of His righteousness!!

Now,.....our God, or Creator get's personal with us, because that is the kind of relationship that He expects to have with us. He has always wanted things with us to be on a personal level. Wouldn't you like to experience a true love relationship with someone that really cares for you, and can give you the things that really are important to you?



...................Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment