www.billofrights.org

Monday, August 12, 2013

Deception is Deception

I woke up in time this morning. Actually, I had set my alarm early enough, where I could attend Sunday school. Last week this lady had invited me to attend Sunday school. She said that I would have the opportunity to speak, and share with the class. I found this quite amazing, because the last Sunday school class, that I had attended, usually had over one hundred people in it. We rarely had a chance to say a word.
I ask here how big the class was, and her answer was twelve to fifteen. I burst out in laughter, on the spot. I could tell by the look on her face that she didn’t understand, so I filled her in. I told her about the size of the church that I am currently a member. I let her know that my past class had been as large as her entire church. I also expressed the thought that bigger is not always better. She confirmed, that the church membership was not much over, one hundred people.
Anyway, today was not last Sunday. Last Sunday I woke up with an eagerness, to attend that church. However, today that fire was not there. I had no desire to attend that church, or any other church today. I believe that I know, with all of my heart, what really happened. I believe that I took a bite, of the forbidden fruit this morning.
In my heart I purposed to attend Sunday school today. I was really looking forward, to a class that was small enough, that participation was not only accepted, but greatly encouraged. I love the way that this pastor brings the word. He is serious with his message, and at the same time encourages us to have fun at church. I know that Father created fun, and wants us to enjoy our lives.
Actually, this pastor, and myself see things eye to eye, in the realm of God. I believe that a church service should cover every emotion available, in our emotional realm. I do not believe for one Nano-second, that Father wants to beat us down. However, I do believe that there are those like me, that are more hard headed, and stubborn,  than the general crowd, who require a bit more discipline than others.              Can I share something with you?  Three verses from the book of Hebrews. Hebrews 12:6-7-8  For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.7  If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? :8  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
Nobody really loves to be chastised, especially by Father, because He really knows how to get a person’s attention. We are all different, but Father knows us so well. Even better than we know ourselves. He only chastises us for or our good, and everything that He does to us is out of His love for us. Verse eight says it all, because if we are not Fathers, then there is no chastisement at all.

Ok. Getting back to today, and that church service, that I was deceived into missing. You know what else I really like about a church service, at this church? I really like a lot of things, and pretty much, from start to finish. When the service is over. Just before we go home. The preacher will ask us what that we got from today’s message. The reason that I really like this is because it is getting personal.

I really like a personal experience at church. The reason being that I feel the whomever I am talking about, Father, Jesus, or Holy Spirit is personal to me. When Holy Spirit deals with us on any level it is personal. When Jesus saves our souls, it is very personal, and in the beginning Father was up close and personal with Adam and Eve.

Isn’t that the most amazing issue, which we will ever realize about God? He is personal with us all, when we need Him to be. The truth is that we need Him all of the time. The more that we deal with Him, the more very dependent that we become on Him. I now know that I require Father for my every need. I am at the point, that I am helpless without Him. It is the greatest dependency that I have ever experienced!!

I keep varying from my basic subject, but it is all good. As long as I am writing about my Lord and Savior it is good!! I have not found any fault in this church either. They are like a mini me, compared to the church that I am a member of right now. Although, I am not ready to jump from the boat, and walk on the water just yet. Holy spirit will inform me when it is time. This might not be the right one for me. However, I believe that it has to be a mighty good one!!      Ain’t God good? 

        ……….Much Love            

No comments:

Post a Comment