www.billofrights.org

Monday, August 5, 2013

It is really unbelievable….

I want to talk to you today, about the difference that Jesus makes in our life.  If you remember that before Jesus came to the earth, we had to take an animal, to the Priest, for a sacrifice for sins. If you happened to have been a gentile, like most of us are today. We were not even allowed, in the common area of the temple. There was no plan of forgiveness, for the gentile nation, before Jesus.
The blood sacrifice that Jesus made on the cross totally eliminated, all the boundaries, which had once been in place. Anybody, that would receive the blood sacrifice, that the Lord Jesus made, on the cross of Calvary, now had exclusive rights. Before the high priest was the only person allowed accessing the Holy of Holiest places. Now we are welcome to access these places.  Hebrews 10:19  Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus.
How is this possible?       Can I really enter into an area that once was forbidden for anyone one other than a high priest?  Yes, you, and I can enter in, because there is a new High Priest over the tabernacle of God, and His name is Jesus!! Hebrews 10:21  And having an high priest over the house of God.
Not only, can we come into the Holy place of God, we have any open invitation, to access the Throne of the Living God, anytime that we choose to visit!! Hebrews 4:16  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
The most important thing to realize here is why we are allowed to come to Father, any time that we choose. Jesus did far more than gives us access to Father. The key word that I am using here is Father. No one can call God their Father, unless they go through Jesus first. John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
There is not but one way to the Father, and one way to call God our Father, and that is through the acceptance, of the blood sacrifice that Jesus made for us. Once we accept the blood sacrifice, and the work of the cross, something amazing happens with us. We become family!!
 Romans 8:15  For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. We are encouraged to call God Father. If you don’t understand the rights that folks have, that have been adopted. I will tell you that they are stronger, that the rights of those that were born unto a family by blood. Adopted children have all the rights of a family member, and much more. They cannot be refused any thing by the parent that adopted them, even if the children born of blood are. 
1Peter 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

We are a chosen generation?         Can that be right?       Am I really royalty?         Holy?          I admit that I have been a bit peculiar, for most of my life, but they must be talking about somebody else.          That can’t be me!!

Matthew 19:26  But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. That is right ladies, and gentlemen. With God, all things are possible!!  We have been adopted into a family, not just of royalty, but the highest royal family that there is!! Everything that is stated in first Peter is true. We have been chosen. We are a royal priesthood. We are a Holy nation. We are a peculiar people, with all the rights, and benefits of our Father God!!

I know that is a big bite to swallow the first time that you taste it. It really doesn’t get any smaller every time, that I hear it either. I still wonder, why me at times. The problem is that we simply don’t understand what God knows. Check out these few verses from the book of Ephesians. Ephesians  1:4  According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
 Ephesians 1:5  Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
  Ephesians 1:6  To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

I am not sure how many of you think that sounds like you. I know for a fact that it doesn’t sound a thing like me!! Father must know something, which I have never realized yet. Let’s recap this a little. Father knew me a long time, before I was born. That I should be Holy, and blameless, before Him in love, and He has made me accepted in the beloved.

Ok.       I am not going to argue with Father. If that is what He believes about me, than the very least that I can do is agree with Him. I don’t need to understand it, because I understand who Father is!! I need to thank Him, and praise Him like it says in verse six. I need to worship Father, because this was why I was created.

I wasn’t created but for two reasons. One is to have fellowship with my Creator. The second reason is to worship my Creator. Fortunately, I don’t have a problem with this, because I love Him. Why do I love Him?   1John 4:19  We love him, because he first loved us.  Because He first loved me, I have enough love to share with you. Please believe my seriousness when I say to you, 

      ……Much Love      

No comments:

Post a Comment