www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Offensive Tongue

I don’t know how I should feel, about certain issues the I see. I know whether they are good for me, to participate in, most of the time. I can discern between good and evil. I have more Word living, on the inside of me, than I ever have had before.      Yeah,…..Here is one of those things that rack my lil’ ol brain!!
I hear folks all the time saying, that it really don’t matter how much scripture that you know, if you can’t name the address. The reason is so you can tell others accurately, about the Word of God. I’ve been faced with these, good intentioned folks, more than once in my life. When they start sprouting off verse after verse, in machine gun fashion, and it turns me off. I lose interest in what they say, because I see it as a form of pride. They are not telling me about the Bible, God, or Jesus. They are simply showing me how smart that they are!!
I feel that I need to know, all the Word, which I can get into my Spirit. I need to know what it says, so I can live a victorious Christian life. I might be looking at this in the wrong way, but if I don’t understand, and know how to live, how can I tell others?  Paul says this in the fourth chapter, of the book to the Colossians.
Colossians 4:6  Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. 
To me this verse is telling me that I need the knowledge of the Word, and the wisdom to execute it rightly. Jesus said that we needed to first get the things that obstruct our vision out, before we even attempt to help a brother out. Matthew 7:5  Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
All my life, I have always heard the best way, to teach somebody, is by example. I have been able to learn better by visual stimuli above oral. If I could simply see a thing, it would help me to understand it better. Jesus told us to live in this manner in the book of Matthew.  Matthew 5:16  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Something else, that it says in the Bible, about faith, is that it comes from hearing. We need to be able to listen, if our faith is going to grow. Romans 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. I can go back to Mr. Rapid Fire, showing his intelligence, at the expense of God’s Word. What happens when you over-whelm a baby Christian by being so impressive?     Could you be doing more to damage them, than to be of help?
My personal definition of faith is, “Stepping out on nothing, expecting there to be something.” The Bible defines faith as:  Hebrews 11:1  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Ok,…..But what if I don’t have any faith, or maybe it is really weak?  If that is the case you need to get into the Word, and study, and listen. It is important to grow a garden full of faith, because of the warning given in the Bible. Hebrews 11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Don’t get all worried if your faith is weak. This is what Jesus had to say about it.  Matthew 17:20  And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. To paraphrase; a little bit can go a long way!!
I am not talking to all those that know a lot of Biblical detail. Some folks can take that first verse that I posted, and lead others to Christ. I am thinking that some folks have the Gift, of leading others into Salvation, because of the ease, in which they do it. Then again, I have seen those that simply offend folks, with their version of the Gospel. In the book of James we find this verse: James 3:2  For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body. James is talking about bridling out tongues, and most of the way, that we offend people is with the use, of our tongue!!
I am guilty of committing murder, with my weapon of choice, being my tongue.                   Oh yes I have, and many times.         It is called character assignation!!   Are you as guilty as I am?    Character assignation is where you simply slaughter a person’s character. Most of the time it happens behind the victims back, because it can be a cowardly attack!!
Let’s take and look at the way that James describes our tongue, and the use of it. James 3:6  And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
I know now why my speech, being led by my tongue, kept me in so much trouble!! My tongue was destroying my entire life, and I was too blind to see what was happening.
I have just been all over the place with my writing today. Some days tend to be like this, because of the Word. I try to follow the Spirit, and say what He wants to be said. I believe that what He has to say is much, much, more important than anything that I can say.             Ain’t God good?
          …..Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment