www.billofrights.org

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Justa Wondering

It seems to me that there is a lot more, about the future of Christians, which we don’t know, than the things we do. Take this verse for example: 1Corinthians 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
I have a personal problem. Actually, I have quite a few personal problems, but this particular one I have had all my life. When I was a child, my favorite question, to ask was why. I simply had to know why, that things were like they were. I got the answer that it is, because I say so. Other times the answer was, because it just is. It was really rare that someone explained the true answer to me. I believe the problem, which I was having as a child, was simply, that I was asking the wrong person.
My Mother was the bearer of my burden most times. I didn’t have a daddy on deck, so she was my only solution for information. The honest truth is that Mother was not that well educated, and my questions may have been a source of embarrassment to her. I remember that there were things, which she would explain in detail, and other times, I would receive a quick brush off.
Now getting back, to the issue at hand. I am simply thinking out loud at this point, because if we don’t know something, then we simply don’t know. However, if I take my childhood scenario, and reverse it, that might be the solution, that I am looking to find. If that has any truth to it, then the reason that we don’t know more, or have been told more is simple. We are not capable of understanding.
I don’t really believe that it would have been worth the trouble, for Jesus to explain any more than He did. He gave us the basics, and beyond, and even still a lot of us have trouble, with what He did tell us. Why don’t we go on a mind blowing trip, and never leave the chair that we sitting in?     Have I got you interest up?
Why don’t we turn over to the book of Ezekiel? Chapter one will be fine, for me to prove my point. There are only twenty-eight verses in this chapter. Start reading and let me know how much that you understand. I made it all the way to the forth verse, then again, I am really not all that either. Do you understand where I am getting at?       If not we can always turn to the book of Revelation.
I believe that there will be things waiting on us to enjoy in Heaven that are far beyond our comprehension. If you think about it for a while, the entertainment industry has really stretched our imaginations, to the max. I am always seeing something, which makes me scratch my head in wonderment. Then again, they are not my God either!!
If you think for a minute, I am sure that most of us know how to create a mini-rainbow, with a water hose. How many of us know how to create one, with the same magnitude of Father?  Do we really understand the way that He paints the sky new every day? How about the miracle of birth? How do you take two creatures made from dirt, and produce another one? What is really up with dirt? That had to be the most fantastic mud pie creation ever!!
Even though, I might not be able to understand why, at this present time, I would still like to know. Then again, I do have a full eternity to figure it out. That is something that I can’t understand either. An eternity really seems to be a longtime; however I am very grateful, that I am on the positive side!!
On more thing, that I can’t help but wonder about is the time, which we get to personally spend with Jesus alone. I am almost sure, that all of us we get some alone time with our Savior. A chance to talk one, on one, without any distractions, and a chance to learn, from the Master. I am not sure, about the number of folks that will be in Heaven. I know that it has to be more than I could count, or even care to count. I think that Jesus has a plan to spend time alone with each of us. I can’t say this for sure, but I really hope that He does!!
Have you ever thought, how totally awesome, that it would be just to set with Him, under a tree talking. Maybe it would be better down, by the lake, wetting our hooks together. We are all different people, and Father placed the differences inside of us. Don’t you think that we will all spend alone time with Jesus, doing our favorite activities? Why in the world would we be made so different, if we can’t express our differences?
Thank you for letting me, “Think out loud.” I don’t know what really awaits me in Heaven, but……Ain’t God good?
        …..Much Love        

No comments:

Post a Comment