www.billofrights.org

Friday, August 30, 2013

Less Than,….

I wonder how many of us realize, that we don’t really trust Jesus, to be who He says that He is?  Don’t get aggravated right now, and stop reading!! You will have another chance again, in a minute. I know that the last thing, that a good Christian wants to hear, is the fact, which they are lacking. We all know that there wasn’t but One, that walked the earth that was perfect. Still we try to think that at times we can be the exception.         Have I told a lie so far?
The truth is awfully hard for us to accept, and it always has been. That is nothing new, and we are all in the same category. We all want, or wish, that we could be the best Christian, that ever was. The truth is that we fail, in this noble pursuit. We don’t care to admit failure, even though the Word states that we are less than. Romans 3:10  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Can I give you a few examples, of how we simply don’t trust, as we should? I am not picking on any person, because I stand at the front of this line, of unbelief. I don’t like it any better than you do either. Although, I need to hear it, so I might have a chance of getting past this, and be strengthened.
1Peter 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. I told you that I would not point my pointy finger at anybody else. I am so guilty of not casting “All” my cares on Jesus, for a couple reasons. The first one being, and I know how pathetic that this sounds. Sometimes I don’t want my cares to be dealt with, because at times I love feeling sorry for myself. I love a bout entangled with the, “Poor ME’s!!”
Yeah,…It’s true there are times in my life that I want to be the martyr, and have others to feel sorry for me.    Is that crazy or what?     This one is worse than that one, but on the same lines.    I don’t want Jesus to deal with my problem, because I know that He will, and it will be settled. I must admit that there are times in my life, that I require way, too much attention!! Although, I will admit this also, that with the help of my Lord, I am getting better!!
Here is something that I used to have a lot of trouble with doing. Malachi 3:8  Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. There was a time in my life, where I thought that God was robbing me!!     How dare Him ask, for ten percent of my income!!    After all I had to survive. I had to pay my bills first, and most of what was left went into the funds of tobacco, and alcohol. If I had anything left after that, He would be welcome to it.
How many of my readers cringed at that statement?    Was that silly, or what?    I finally learned to trust what was said in this third chapter of Malachi.  If I would put the Lord first, and gladly, give Him His tithe, then the rest would go a whole lot further. Everything would go alright, until the next paycheck. Actually, I would generally have some left over.
It doesn’t work that way if you give grudgingly. You must give, because you want to give. Once you figure out how good God is, to return to you your needs, then you have achieved this act. 2Corinthians 9:7  Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
Matthew 7:8  For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Guilty, Guilty, Guilty!!              I have failed many times with asking, seeking, and knocking!!             Why?            Simply because of my lack of faith!!          Because I didn’t believe, because I didn’t feel worthy!!  Mark 9:23  Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
How many of you know that we serve a great God?                   I would imagine that everyone, who reads this, is saying yes right now.     There is no doubt that our God is Awesome!!   The Word of God says that He is love, and it is beyond what we know as love.  With all that being said, I have but one question left to ask.
Why?    Why can’t, or don’t, I fully trust, the one that Created me, and loves me?    Why can’t I simply accept His Word, and do those things written in?    I am ashamed to admit this, but I don’t know!!     Everything within myself, says that I should, without any problem.     However, I have a problem.     Thank you for letting me voice this sad truth.     Ain’t God good?
                ….Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment