www.billofrights.org

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Come Closer

Hello to the readers of this post. May my God richly bless you, and keep you safe, while you are under His shadow!!  Psalms 91:1  He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
The most freeing principal, which I have learned about in walking with Christ, is the simple fact that I have to stay close. I cannot have a victorious Christian life, and a causal relationship with Jesus, at the same time!! I am not saying that it won’t work for you. If you can maintain a victorious Christian life, with simply attending a church service on Sunday, good for you!!
I have tried every way that I could think of, to get the benefit, which Jesus offers, with the minimum effort, that I had to apply. I am getting real honest now. I wanted everything that a relationship, with Jesus had to offer, without having to do anything myself, or very little!!           Can anybody relate to what I just said?             You don’t have to get honest with yourself. You can also think, as bad about me, as you want to. My mission here is to tell the truth about my life, and hopefully help others, that are just as bad to overcome a problem, with their flesh.
Mark 8:34  And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Jesus often said in the Bible to follow Him. In this verse He is talking to more than His disciples. When He had called the people unto Him. I don’t know how many folks that Jesus was talking about, however Jesus included the disciples with this that He said.
The first thing is that I needed to deny my selfish self. I need to put somebody else’s needs, above my own. Actually, I really don’t need to consider myself at all!!  If I will deny myself, and become humble in my walk, then my need will be met. 1Peter 5:6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 1Peter 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

The next command is to take up our cross.    What is my cross?  A lot of people have different answers for this. I am going to look to Jesus, and see what His cross meant to Him. Why was He here for anyway? Luke 19:10  For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

OK ….Then why the cross?  Mat 26:28  For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
 
I honestly believe our cross, or my cross should be, on the same lines, as the cross that Jesus bore. Jesus paid the price, and my cross, or part, is to tell others the good news, or the Gospel. Some people like to complicate what it means to take up our own cross, and that is fine. However, …Hebrews 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

The reason that I placed this verse here is because of the last command, which Jesus said in Mark 8:34.  Follow me; is what He said. If I am to follow Jesus, then it stands to reason, that I need to look to Jesus, for my personal guidance.

Some of the benefits to following Jesus closely are the facts, that you can touch Him, and you can hear what He is saying. The woman with the issue of blood simply touched the hem, of the garment, that Jesus was wearing, in the book of Luke.   Luke 8:48  And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.           Ain’t that great?            Sometimes we can get what we really need just by touching Jesus!!         It is impossible to touch Jesus, if you are not really close to Him!!

Remember the story of Martha, and Mary.  Luke 10:38-42  Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
39  And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
:40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
 41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
42  But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her. Mary placed Jesus above everything else, which was going on, at that time.

Let’s take a look at what can happen if you don’t follow closely, like Peter did in the book of Mark. Mark 14:54  And Peter followed him afar off, even into the palace of the high priest: and he sat with the servants, and warmed himself at the fire. Mark 14:68  But he denied, saying, I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew.    Mar 14:70  And he denied it again. And a little after, they that stood by said again to Peter, Surely thou art one of them: for thou art a Galilaean, and thy speech agreeth thereto. Mark 14:71   But he began to curse and to swear, saying, I know not this man of whom ye speakMark 14:72  And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.
There are several great reasons that Jesus says to follow Him. If we don’t stay close we could wind up in big trouble like Peter. He denied Jesus three times, and it broke his heart. Do you realize what the difference was in Peter, and Judas?  Because Peter had followed Jesus closely most of the time, he gained revelation knowledge of exactly Who Jesus really was, and knew that he could be forgiven. Not knowing who Jesus was, Judas had no hope, and committed suicide!!    Ain’t God good!!
              ……Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment