www.billofrights.org

Monday, August 12, 2013

Prayerful Confusion

I have always been confused, by something that seems normal, to most folks. I am always listening to Christian radio, while I am at home. There is this thing that just blows my mind. Most ministries invite, their listening audience, to send in, their prayer request. I think this is probably an excellent idea for those that really don’t have a relationship yet, that need Salvation. No, No, No, No!! I can’t even write this!!
Let me start over. I am confused, in general, why folks believe, that they need somebody else, to petition God, about a need in their lives. In the book of Matthew, the disciples ask Jesus to teach, them how to pray. During that conversation, Jesus said this: Matthew 6:8  Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. What Jesus is talking about is saying a lot of vain repetitions. Although, what I want to focus on is the fact, that our real needs are already known.
I started to say something about the need of Salvation, in the first paragraph. That is ludicrous though. Every prayer for Salvation is heard, and dealt, with on the spot. That is a closed case.
What I am going to say here is just something, that has always been, of interest of me. I know that Father loves us. When nobody else loved us, father did. He sent Jesus to die for us, so that our fellowship with Father could be restored.         Are y’all still with me?          Now, if you think about it. The plan of God has always been about a fellowship, with those that He created. Father loves us, with the most perfect form of love, that we can’t possible understand. There is no way, that our finite minds can comprehend, a love as deep, as Father has for us.         Are we still own the same page?
I hope that I am not going too far out in left field here. I hope that I am still, at least on the same playing field, when I say these things. If Father’s main deal, was to have a relationship with us, and if it is a fact that He knows our needs before we ask. Where did all these request for prayer come from?
Take a minute, and consider this.    Are we playing the game, where there is strength in numbers?  If we are, then what is the point?            God plus nothing is the majority!!             Am I correct in saying this?             Don’t is stand to reason, that if I have any need, and I ask in God’s will, that I will receive a favorable answer?
I am always thinking out of the box. My Lord doesn’t fit, in any box, and that is why I am always thinking this way. I love and serve, the most radical God, which has ever loved us!! Nobody, can, nor ever will, love us, like the One that created us. Nobody else can ever be any true help to us. Although, we have all the help, that we will ever need within Jesus!!
I guess if you feel better, about having all these other people praying for you, then there might be something to it. I don’t know if it is right or wrong. I know that we should pray for each other. However, I really have a problem, with the thinking that somebody else, will get the prayers about me answered, if they ask. That is kind of like going out to Hollywood, and spinning the prayer of fortune, ain’t it?
“Well, James, God said that He would answer the little prayer, but He said no on the major prayer. Em..Ugh,…That is until you deposit five hundred dollars into my account!!”
 Seriously folks, Jesus has already came, and died on the cross. We no longer need a mediator. Plus we have an open invitation!! Please allow me to show you.    Hebrews 4:16  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
I do believe that our pastors should be leading us to pray, in the direction, that they give us. They are our earthly shepherds, and a good one will be in tune with God. I know in today’s time it can be an act of confusion in choosing the right shepherd. That is why that we need to know Father, in a more personal way. Actually, that is what His will is anyway. He did create us to have fellowship with Him.
Have you ever thought, that once you get to Heaven, that this might be your reaction: “No way!!  That is all I really needed to do?” I do really think, that we over complicate, our life time, on this planet. I am as guilty as anybody of misinterpretation of scripture, and reading between the lines. I am always looking for some great hidden secret. The only good thing, which I can say about this, is the fact, that I am looking inside, of the right book!!
Have you ever considered the fact, that we are really good entertainment for Father? I know that He has to get a great belly laugh going, about some of the madness that I produce!!
     …..Much Love           

No comments:

Post a Comment