www.billofrights.org

Monday, August 5, 2013

Damaged Goods!!

I visited that church, that I went to last week again today. Once again, I was not disappointed in the least. The only thing that seemed to change from last week was the fact, that the pastor now calls me, by my name. He welcomed me back, at the end of his sermon, because there were no visitors today. I like to be recognized especially, in a crowd, that I consider to be as elite, as this one.
I love to be in the family of God, because we are all related. I have to share this with you, because it is very important to me. I set with this fabulous lady, that I soon found out was the grandmother of a couple kids, that were setting behind us. The young boy was probably eight or nine years old. The young girl may have been, between twelve to fifteen years old. I am not really good at judging ages of anybody.
I was talking with the entire group, of young folks that were setting behind me. I had met most of them the week before. All except the two grand-children. This young lady simply made my day while we were talking. Out of nowhere she told me, that I had beautiful eyes. It set me back so far, that I said, excuse me.        What did you say?
She repeated this, and I immediately thank her, and at the same time I thank my Creator. I knew that if my eyes were anything, like that she had said that they were, that it was because Father, has put a light in them. Ok.         I admit that this old man is prone, to suck up any positive attention, that might come his way!! I hope that I never get too old, to accept anything, that makes me feel better about myself. I need as much encouragement as I can get.        Don’t you need a boost every now and then?
Back to the service….. I think that I am falling in love with this church. They are everything that I want in a church so far. They praise Father, in the way, that I like to praise Him. The sing the songs, that I feel need to be sung to a living God. They pray the prayers, which I feel need to prayed, to a living God. The pastor preaches the Word, of the living God.
I was broken-hearted, when I finally decided to look, for another church. I was not un-happy with my church, that I was a member of. I just realized that I couldn’t get as much of Jesus, as I needed, to maintain a Godly life, not that I can anyway. I do realize that I need, and really need, to attend a church service, more than just on Sunday morning. I know where I have come from, and I am prone to wonder.
My past lifestyle has left me riding the city bus. I don’t mind this one bit, but it was difficult to make more than one service, once I moved back downtown. How many of you believe that God has more, than one good church, in a city?    I have been praying that I would find the right one for me.      I thought that there would be a few available, but only one right one.
I might be getting excited, before it is time, but this is the first place, which I have found, that I would dare to call alive!!  I have been visiting the houses of God, for around three months. The sad part is this is the first, “House of God,” that I even consider having life in it!! I truly pray that I might be misguided. The state of the churches can’t be as bad, as what I have found them to be, or can they?
These are the last days, as described in the Bible I believe. I have been hearing all, of my life, that these are the last days, and I believe that it was true. However, I do believe that we are closer than we have ever been, to the coming of the true King. Something amazing happened at church. While I was talking with the young folks, and the two grand-children were not there last Sunday.
I kind of excitedly told the girl that she missed it. Suddenly she perk up, questioning what did she miss. I told her that He showed up.    Who?        Who showed up?      Who did I miss?         Who was here?           I said that Holy Spirit showed up, and at that very second everything changed.
She was no longer thrilled about anything. The look of great joy, on her face turned into one, which confirmed that I was a nut case!! As quickly as her countenance fell, I had a flash back. When I was her age I never even understood anything about Holy Spirit. All I knew was that sometimes people acted crazy, and He got the blame for their actions. I did assure her that I understood where she was at, and told her that when the time was right, that it would make sense to her. Suddenly, she smiled again, and everything was right once again, in both of our worlds.
Ain’t God good?         That could have turned into an ugly situation if Holy Spirit had not intervened. If I had continued on talking, and ignore what was being said to me. I could have personally damaged that young lady’s, future walk with Jesus.      I can say this for sure. I know that she will have a set of trials waiting on her all of her life, and she does not need any damage from me right now!!
You might be wondering why that was important to me. The reason is that I became damaged goods early in my walk, and it happened in church. You might say that I am a little sensitive, and I will tell you right now that you’re wrong.     "I am super-sensitive!!"   My goal is to make sure, that I never damage anybody, in the way, that I have been damaged. 
  ….Much Love   

No comments:

Post a Comment