www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Really Radical Religions

It has come to my attention, which it seems, that all these different denominations believe differently.  We tend to believe, for the most part, in the same Jesus. Most of us believe in the same Father, and Holy Spirit. I am not speaking about any really radical religions. I need to clarify that point. I am talking about our relationship with Father, Son, and Spirit.
There are so many different denominations, which has sprung off hopefully, from the truth, that I can’t name them all. Most of those were because, of massive splits from the church, because it is hard to get folks to agree. I have been a small part of a few different ones. The major difference, that I see in most of them are how folks, choose to believe.
I am really not trying to offend anybody here. I will address what I have saw with my own eyes, and bring the Word of God alongside…..No I won’t!! I will place the Word upfront, where it should be!! In the book of Mark, Jesus was talking with a father, about his demon possessed son. Mark 9:23  Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
Those that have spent any time following the path of Jesus know that He doesn’t mince words. When He says something, it may have many different applications. What I want you to look at is the possibility that He wasn’t stretching the truth, or lying when He said this verse.    What is that?     Are you sure?    Numbers 23:19  God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
That was easy enough, so I guess that we are on the same page for now. I want to propose this situation, for my readers, for several different reasons. One reason might be the fact, which you haven’t thought about it before. Maybe you haven’t been involved with, but one denomination. It could be a possibility that one, or two, simply hate everything, and really don’t believe anything.
Now, if you have never experienced God, outside the box, where you have Him bound up inside. I believe that it would do you good to loose Him, and see what He is really like. If you find that He is better off back inside, we can deal with that later on. If you always have been set on a certain denomination, you could possible find, that there is a better way to worship for you. After all, this is all about the way, which you want to worship.
You can stay at the foot of Mount Sinai, and view the Lord from a fairly safe distance, like the Children of the Israelites did.  From ground level, they found God to be pretty terrifying. Then again, you could be like Moses with getting your praise on, one step at a time, until you reach the secret place of the most high!!(Psalms 91:1) That is where it gets really good, in a scary kind of way!! Flashes of lightening, and rolling thunder, lights, camera, and action!!  You have made it to the big league now!!
I wonder how many Christians; have never been, in the Awesome Presence, of the Living God? I hadn’t until I was forty-nine years old. It was a mind blowing event for me!!  Honestly, I have really under-estimated the Presence of Father. Kind of like thinking, that He was a waterspout, instead of as full blown hurricane!! It is the most awesome event, that I have ever had the pleasure to experience!!
So what is the deal James?     Jesus said it.     Jesus said if only we could believe that all things are possible.
What is it that you simply don’t believe?     Do you believe in anointing people with oil, and the laying on of hands, while praying for them?         Do you believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit?   Do you believe in speaking, or praying, in a tongue that is not normally heard?          Do you believe in the gifts of the Spirit?      Do you believe in the fruits of the Spirit?          Do you believe that Holy Spirit is alive today?  Have you ever met Him, and had any dealings with Him?
The way that we worship, and what we are willing to believe, dictates the quality of our worship. I said a mouth full there, and I am patting myself on the back, and giving praise to Jesus, at the same time!!   I think that need to be said again. The way that we worship, and what we are willing to believe, dictates the quality of our worship.
 I like a real, high quality worship, with Holy Spirit doing what, that He wants to do. I love it when it gets strange, and a bit uncomfortable.           Do you know how awesome, that it is to stand, in the Presence of a Holy God, and not be consumed?           Don’t you realize, when this happens, there is nobody in the room, which you are aware of, except God and you?
In case you are scared to get, in the presence, of Almighty God, for fear of what you might look like. Don’t worry about it, because your appearance really won’t matter to you!!      The only thought that you will have about yourself, is the fact that you are so unworthy, to be in the presence of the Living God!! Isaiah said, woe is me, for I am undone!!! (Isaiah 6:5) That is exactly how I feel, but I long to enter in once again!!
What have we learned today?            We need to change the things that we believe.   1John 4:1  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. John is warning us to not believe just any old thing, but check them out.
It we really want to spend quality worship time, with a God that really does loves us, then we need to re-think, our belief systems. John 4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.                 Ain’t God good?
             …….Much Love         

No comments:

Post a Comment