www.billofrights.org

Friday, July 12, 2013

Heaven

I have really been preoccupied with thoughts, of what Heaven will be like lately. I would assume that this normal for the ones, that plan to go there. I guess it is kind of like going on a vacation. I dare to say that not many folks just hop in the car, and drive in any general direction. When the car runs out of gas that is where your vacation will be this time. I guess a few folks might do this whom are more, on the adventurous side of life.
Most of plan out vacation adventure very well, and completely, so there are no surprises that pop up. (Wouldn’t that be super nice!!?) We know exactly where we are going, and we know exactly where we will be staying. We know the amenities, which are offered, in the place that we have chosen to stay.                                We even know the cost of things that we wish to purchase, on our trip. We have even chosen the time that we will leave, and what time that we will arrive, at our selected destination. We know the time that we will leave, from our vacation, and the time that we will get back home.
Going to Heaven is a lot similar to going on a vacation to me. I am just as excited, as anybody that will be seeing the ocean or the mountains, for the first time!! I know that I can’t really plan my departure time, because it might be as soon, as right now. However, if I ride this world out to the end, I certainly can see the signs, and fortunately I see them develop daily.
What will I do when I arrive? I don’t have any idea, but I would image that, I will be relieved that, I made it!! Now don’t get religious on me now. I don’t even know, if we will breathe air in the land of Heaven, and if we do St. Peter will have to slap me on the back, and tell me to breathe!! What I am saying here is the fact that I will be in shock, for an undetermined amount of time!!
There will be sights that I have never even imagined there being. There will be a gigantic party going on, with folks like me just singing, and praising God. That is what I have been created for, and that is what you’ve been created for, and we will have finally maxed out on our destiny, when we get home. Can’t you simply hear that heavenly choir, singing in unison? Just how many instruments, do you think will be, in the ensemble? 
I really don’t reckon that there will be any need to get in a hurry to do anything. I don’t even know when I will get my first chance to see Jesus. According to the writings of Paul thought, it shouldn’t take long for that to happen.  2Corinthians 5:8  We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. There is another verse that explains why were not told a lot of great details, about our now home.  1Corinthians 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
It does stand to reason that if Father wants for us to choose to love Him, and not simple for reasons of greed or prosperity. It just makes since that He will have an eternity full of surprises, waiting on us. It is safe to say we will never suffer any boredom. Can I be real with you for a second? That was always my greatest fear that I would get to Heaven, and Father would want me to praise Him every moment. Thank you Lord that I finally got into His presence, and now if that is true, I don’t think that I can be bored!! Our God is so awesome!!
Let’s go into what the Bible tells us about what Heaven will be like, and what we will be like in our new home. The greatest difference is us is that we will no longer sin, in any way. (Philippians 1:6) Our sin nature will be utterly obliterated, and that will truly makes us new creatures. Because of the absence of a sin nature in our life’s there will no longer be any sickness of any form. (Revelation 22:3) We will need to find an excuse to pronounce a blessing on someone rather than when they sneeze.
We will be changed into the same form as Jesus. (1 John 3:2) in that change the natural laws that govern physics will no longer apply. Jesus walked through walls, and through locked door. Even still he was able to touch, and be touched, and sit while eating food. (John 20:26, John 21:10-14)
Our relationships with one another will be different. There will be no marriage. (Matthew 22:30) our relationships will be deeper, because there will be no jealousy, and no lack of trust. I know that this is hard to believe, but there will be no gossiping around the proverbial water cooler!! We will be so much different, and we will not even miss our old ways of evil. You must remember that we were cast in the mold of perfection to begin with, so we will be returned into the former state of being, that Adam was created in.
In my studies of this post I found a good bit of information of what heaven will be like. However, I have decided to end this post with only one detail. If you think that you need to know more than this detail. I won’t think any less of you, and it will not be that hard to obtain. I am shooting straight to the highest point of what Heaven will be like. Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ will be present in Heaven!!!  We will see Him face to face. (Revelations 22:4) We get to walk with Him, and talk with Him, and we finally get the opportunity to sit at His feet as He teaches us!! Heaven is just the beginning of eternity!! One more thing. If you desire to know what life will be like in the Holy Land of Heaven. Please read the last two chapters of the book of Revelations. I once sat under the teaching of a man that asked this question. “Do you want to know what the true will of God is?”  Read Genesis chapter 1&2, then flip over to read Revelations chapter 21 &22. 
                 …..Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment